Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Middle set against possible draws

This is from the 2+2 table Monday night. Opponent is 38%/10%/0.83 in ~150 hands. So, he's not so choosy in starting hands and tends to go passive post-flop.

I'm aggressive with my middle set until the the turn and then go passive when he raises again with the scare card on board. At least, I hung around for the showdown.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

I was thinking he could have the over set, but, in retrospect, then why wouldn't he cap the flop? Worry #2 was him pumping a straight &amp; flush draw. Plus he's usually not aggressive post-flop and here he's raising on the flop and turn. Of course, it was a 2+2 table so aggression is the norm.

Thoughts on my turn play? I wasn't going to give up the river for one more bet either way.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Middle set against possible draws

I think you called down one bet early. I'd three bet the turn and call down from there if capped. If he calls the turn 3-bet I bet/ call the river. The stop-n-go on the turn looks like he caught his OESD but I'm not quite willing to give him credit for that yet. You have some good outs even if that's the case.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:49 AM

I'd say he has 5h Xh.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:54 AM

I think this is fine, although I would be tempted to 3-be the turn.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:25 AM

A5 sooooteed?
Old 01-04-2005, 08:30 PM

Turns out he had 6h 7h for the flopped straight and flush draw (but not the one I thought!) which became two pair on the turn.