Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2005, 12:49 PM

Default 2/5 NL - Villian Out To Get Me

I started back playing again (first time at this site in a month, and a month break after a single session) at a site. It's a smaller site, so I have a reputation by many of the regulars as a huge LAG. Usually this is when I play shorthanded, but I won't play as crazy at a full table (not sure they realize this). I still will position raise fairly often.

Background to the hand in question:

I've been sitting about 3 orbits, full table, most people around $500 (2 people short, a huge fish with $1000), no one exceptionally bad except one player, but only one exceptionally good player (on my direct right). Most players are predictable and not so crazy.

I raise after everyone folds to me (once with 29s) to 15, and I am immediately reraised by the player on my left(doesn't like me) to 45. I fold. I raise again with rags a few hands later, he folds, a tighter player reraises to 45, and I fold. I reraise rags again, same player on my left reraises to 45, and I fold. (There are a few times where I raise, and steal the blinds or isolate against the fish as well).

Immediately after the last steal, I get KTo in late position. I make it 15 after everyone folds. Immediately reraised by villian to 40. I decide I've had enough of him, and call. Heads up to the flop.

Flop is K 3 4, rainbow. (pot ~100) I check, he bets $50, and I call. I figure I am most likely way ahead and let him hang himself.

Turn is 9, 2 hearts out (pot ~200). I have no hearts. I check again, he checks behind. I am now quite confident I'm way ahead.

River is an offsuit 8 (pot ~200). I bet 105. He pushes 300 more in. (Pot ~600)

What's my move? Is he just trying to bully me? Or did he wake up with a hand?

What other moves should I have made here?