Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: NBA Totals Breakdowns 2/8/2005

Good question King, I never really explained myself just kinda started posting picks.

For me, I seem to be a better capper of totals then sides.. thats basically all there is to it. I find these to be easier to break down, and have had better results.

Personally, I feel like there are more good games to bet as far as totals go, as opposed to sides.. but that is just my opinion.

In my effort to get better at, and get better results from sports betting, Im doing my best to sticking what im good at.. which seems to be totals. Currently I have a couple sides cappers who I look to every night or so to see if they take any sides, and try to see why they take what they did.. and often times coat tail them. (This happened last night going 2-0 with Atl +2.5 and NY+8) I would have taken neither game had I not looked at my goto guys for a couple picks. (They are proven cappers, records of 14x-10x neighborhood)

I hope this explains your question, and hope you enjoy my contribution to the board.. questions/comments/concerns on my post are always welcome [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 02:30 PM

I usually think these trends are pretty much worthless but I like this one because it has the "revenge" factor. I think people put too much weight on past results which might keep the lines down a little for this situation.

Anyway, I am blindly following this guy because he is on to something but in no way am I placing large wagers. By the way, he says the average win margin in this situation is 13.6 points. I am taking his word on this and have not done the homework to see if this is correct.

I am admittedly an idiot when it comes to the NBA. I think emotion is a big part of these games and since I don't keep my eye on it like others do, I am always lost. I prefer NCAABB.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:03 AM

Way over on the game I picked.. the Min @ Mem Over 185 was easy, killing it at 200+.. I seem to be playing well, staying away from some games and saving bets, and picking winners! Lets keep on rolling [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2005, 01:06 AM

20five..whats yr record so far..posting wise...just curious
seem to be doing well so far
Old 02-09-2005, 01:18 AM

So far my posted total plays are 4-1.

Obviously off to a great start,

Interesting as a side note, the games that I broke down and havent played were 1-3-1... patience is paying off..

That lets me know 2 things,
1) my system can be improved...
2) I am using my capping skills productivly to pick winners and stay away from possible trouble games.

Being confident is one reason I have been successful since posting on this site, and I think the fact that I am now posting is helping me lay out my thoughts clearly, and take them for what they are.

I would assume just about any system to achieve close to a 50-50 win/loss %.. mine will likely be no different.

I still need to cap a greater number of games, before I can define the real strengths and weaknesses in what Im doing.

Frankly, I could be 1-3-1 right now, and no one would give me any benefit of the doubt. But as is blatantly obvious, capping comes down to making decisions, and my decisions lately have been good. Hopefully if I stay dedicated and aware of what Im trying to do I can remain on a good course..

I hope you all continue to comment/suggest/and critique on my posts.. discussion, communication, sharing ideas.. thats how we will all benefit. Im not here to prove to anyone I can cap NBA totals, im here to become better at it!

Take it for what its worth [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Way over on the game I picked.. the Min @ Mem Over 185 was easy, killing it at 200+.. I seem to be playing well, staying away from some games and saving bets, and picking winners! Lets keep on rolling [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the over on Min/Mem too. Thanks for the pick.

Nearly got my parlay, but Kentucky could not cover (-8).
Old 02-09-2005, 01:55 AM

Too bad, FLA @ Kentucky was a pretty good game, sorry you didnt hit the parlay..

btw nice Icon, whats that guys name?? Elix Powers or something??

Theres a poker player.. a bum who used to play for pennys. I bet he learned everything he knows the hard way, and is a very tough player because of it. Playing against someone with nothing to lose is a double eged sword as was apparent when they televised his action on ESPN last year.