Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Bay 101 <-> SJC

Nothing in the archives.

Looks like Bay 101 doesn't provide any kind of airport shuttle, but they say i can easily take a cab and that SJC is only 3 minutes away. How much would this cab ride cost? Is there a bus i could catch instead (like if i walked up to 1st St from Bay 101)?
Old 10-09-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Bay 101 <-> SJC

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing in the archives.

Looks like Bay 101 doesn't provide any kind of airport shuttle, but they say i can easily take a cab and that SJC is only 3 minutes away. How much would this cab ride cost? Is there a bus i could catch instead (like if i walked up to 1st St from Bay 101)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Close to the airport. The cab ride will likely be in the $15-$20 range.

Edit: it may even be in the range of a $10 cab ride
Old 10-09-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing in the archives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Close to the airport. The cab ride will likely be in the $15-$20 range.

Edit: it may even be in the range of a $10 cab ride

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably under $10, with a significant portion of this just the flag drop+airport extortion fee totalling $3.50. With the new traffic routing it feels like 3 miles just to get out of the airport, but in reality it's only a couple of miles even with the meandering exit.

Consider giving the cab driver a good tip. They have to wait quite a while in line at the airport to get a fare, and this is about the shortest trip (and lowest fare) that they could have before returning to the back of the queue. Not your problem, of course, but still a nice gesture.

Also, if you walk to First Street, you've covered more than half the distance to Bay101!
Old 10-09-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, if you walk to First Street, you've covered more than half the distance to Bay101!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was thinking that. Is there a shuttle to the light rail station on First? If so, does it get our hero any closer?
Old 10-09-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing in the archives.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a free bus (VTA Bus 10) that will take you from the airport to the corner of First &amp; Metro. Make sure that you take it in the "Metro LRT" direction. From there, walk a couple blocks north on First, make a right onto Brokaw, and make the next right (after the highway exit) onto Bering.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, i meant walk back to Brokaw.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:12 PM

the extra half hour you spend trucking around to save ten bucks, you could have made that in the card game and spent your time less annoyingly than standing on bus stops..
Old 10-10-2005, 02:01 PM

Cab is 8 bucks. Give the cabbie a ten spot.

It's not a place to be walking around, especially with cash, BTW.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the extra half hour you spend trucking around to save ten bucks, you could have made that in the card game and spent your time less annoyingly than standing on bus stops..

[/ QUOTE ]

You're talking like someone who clearly is NOT playing above his bankroll. That doesn't help the OP. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're talking like someone who clearly is NOT playing above his bankroll. That doesn't help the OP. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not playing above my bankroll; i'll be playing 3/6 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I doubt i can necessarily make 2BB/.5hr == 4BB/hr to pay for the cab ride, but i do appreciate the sentiment Mr. Zee.