Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Trips on good looking board...

[ QUOTE ]
Well of course I hate money haha. No just an honest question, very new at this and also have seen that I do make mistakes with my medium pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, okay...if you're raising here, it's basically a complete bluff. you're a very slight favorite heads-up against overcards, but you're way behind a higher pocket pair. if you get more than one caller, then you're basically toast unless you hit your set.

with mid pairs you want to limp in and see the flop and spike a set, or if someone raises and you have a good read that they have an overpair and you can stack them, then you can call a raise and try to hit a set.

raising here with 66 esentially makes your hand the same as 72o...the best case would be if everyone folded.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:15 PM

Thanks guys, makes a lot more sense now with these explanations. I guess in my mind I have been giving these medium pairs much more value preflop. Thanks again for the good explanations.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:09 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Turns out he had flopped the nut-straight, so in retrospect I was most concerned as to where I should have gotten away from the hand.

As far as the limping pf with smaller pairs, I will usually call reasonable raises (4x or so) even if it puts me heads up because the chance is very often there to stack someone if that set hits. It seems to be +EV in my experience... what do you guys think about this?