Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 07:37 PM

Default big blind late in online tourney

50+5 party poker 550 entrants and it was down to 90.
I was in the big blind with k [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and an m of about 12 after losing my last 3 hands. The player in fifth position calls and the small blind calls and three of us see a flop

The Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

small blind leads out for half the pot . my first question is what to do now. i opted to raise 4 times his bet and then the limper doubled my raise and the small blind folded. i know at this point im almost definately behind to either a over pair or a set but i was getting great odds which also made me suspicious but i called anyway. (do u think i should have just cut my losses and folded).

the turn was a blank and he put me all in for my remaining chips which he easily had covered and i called . he showed 88 and i was eliminated.

I felt my real mistake was on the flop when i inadvertinely committed myself with a sub par hand and i think i was a little on tilt and felt like the was trying to bully me. does anyone have a recommendation for a play on the lop or any comments at all about the hand
Old 12-12-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: big blind late in online tourney

Stacks and actual raise sizes would help. I mean i don't even know the blinds, nor did you provide any reads (if you had any)
Also, i would not post results as it biases the replies.