Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-27-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Flush Draw, take this one to the river?

With 3-way action, 2 dead hearts, do I have good enough pot odds/implied odds to chase this one to the river? If not, when do I toss it? (just want to make sure I made the right play here ...)

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___re-raises

4th Street

Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Old 11-27-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Flush Draw, take this one to the river?

I would probably call all the way unless his board gets scary.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:44 PM

i'm going to the river unless seat 7 catches a ten or ace if seat 7 did, then i'd have to think about it. I think there is a chance that seat 3 started with a 3 strait and cought a pair of tens because his calling seems strange on 3rd, and calling 2 bets cold on 4th seems even stranger. The range of hands that seat 7 could have is pretty big, hidden aces, 3 tens, 3 flush with 3 (or 4)strait, 3 flush with pair and big cards, 3 straitflush with pair. The 3 tens are what you're most worried about but that is the least likely and your hand plays pretty well against all the others.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:09 PM

I would prefer to check & call 4th st instead of giving seat 6 a chance to raise & thin the field.If everybody checks behind,it's no disaster since you're on a draw.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:40 PM

Definitely going to the river here. The dead ten makes trips less likely. There's nothing wrong with getting as much in the pot as possible on fourth. You are roughly even money against any pair in the hole, and if a third player wants to come along that's fine. If my hearts were more live and stronger, I would three-bet fourth.

Also, it is not correct to say that it is OK if this is checked through. Assuming villain does not have trips, you have almost 50% equity in a three or four way pot. Missing the opportunity to get money in is not good. Check-raising the guy who re-raised third is a possible line here.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:59 PM

I don't think I was being clear in my earlier post.It's not ok if it gets checked out.I know the hand has +equity.I'm saying I would rather take a chance on a checkthrough(a small bad)than have the field thinned(a larger bad,I think).It's not likely to get checked through,anyway.And if #3 & #4 both call,a checkraise now eould be max EV.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:19 AM

I would go for the check-raise on 4th. Betting out is cool if you think the guy on your left will raise and everybody will call anyway, but I’d rather not take my chances.
Since you did, you should 3-bet 4th.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If everybody checks behind,it's no disaster since you're on a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet out and go for a 3 bet. This makes your hand harder to read, and the yahoo's will probably call two bets cold anyway.