Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: I can call this flop right?

Actually I meant "on the turn." I rarely call down with 7 high. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 12:49 PM

I was hoping that's what you meant. Or else that would have been my nomination for "Worst Advice Ever Given on 2+2". [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 01:10 PM

75s in the BB - muck city. ESPECIALLY since you have a TA UTG raising.

You may have enough implied odds to chase your gutshot, but I'd sooner throw it away.

This is why playing very marginal hands can be dangerous - you get yourself in dicey situations that result in more mistakes.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

UTG is TAG.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

With the above statement, what's with the preflop call. I would have avoided the situation all together. Once your in the hand you are getting good enough odds on the flop call, and the turn you improve. So it's only the preflop I would question
Old 07-10-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
75s in the BB - muck city. ESPECIALLY since you have a TA UTG raising.

You may have enough implied odds to chase your gutshot, but I'd sooner throw it away.

This is why playing very marginal hands can be dangerous - you get yourself in dicey situations that result in more mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh hero played the hand fine, the call preflop is something you really should be making

the flop call is fine, as is the turn call, and river fold is obvious .. very standard boring hand

its also funny that the new group of posters has no idea who CDC is
Old 07-10-2005, 04:41 PM

Note that for better responses, don't post the whole hand. Stop the action where you want us to evaluate the decision.

You can just marginally call this flop. I'll give you 3 outs max for the gutshot because the 8 puts 89T on the board with another card to come on the river. I'll give you 1.25 for the low BD FD. Thats 4.25 outs.

That being said, I always call with three to a SF just for kicks to try to make it.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

uh hero played the hand fine, the call preflop is something you really should be making

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been reading a number of posts from experienced board members/players who advocate similar actions, and I really don't get it. I'm not criticizing any of you guys, but I'd really like to see an explanation of the thought process. In this case, a TAG has raised, and there are three players already in the pot. How can 57s really have sufficient equity to call in these circumstances?
Old 07-10-2005, 04:54 PM

In the BB, I call a raise with any hand I would play for one bet from Late Position. I would like to see 4 players in to call with 75s, especially since the raise came from UTG. Hero had 3 opponents in on this hand. Marginal call.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:18 PM

He is getting 7.5:1 to call a suited one gapper versus 2 guys that are poor enough to cold call a Tag's preflop raise. His relative position to the raiser is perfect. This call is fine.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:30 PM

I might not call this PF raise, maybe about half the time.

I'm not sure you can call the flop. You have a backdoor flush and a gutshot (about 5.5 outs according to SSH). But notice that if you hit your gutshot, you don't have the nut straight, and are vulnerable to re-draws to a lone jack. You are getting about 10.5:1 on the flop, but your hand (in my estimation) is worth about 3 clean outs, max. I would dump it on the flop.