Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Anyone like this?

Commerce 10/20. I just took a hellacious beat, and doubled some clown up, so my stack is shortish. People may believe I'm tilting after the beat. Everyone in the hand covers me by a fair amount.

I ($980) limp UTG w K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG + 1 is an average player. He opens for $120.

2 callers to me and I call.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I push.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Anyone like this?

hmmm... why do you like your line versus a check raise all in? are you trying to get a big call from QQ/JJ because "you are on tilt"?? i still think check raise all in will commit a flush draw, you're still getting AA or AK in the pot... and QQ/JJ maybe bets then feels more committed on your check raise all in thinking "you may be on a draw"
Old 08-24-2005, 02:54 PM

move in preflop, perfect looking move for a tilter no? As it stands I don't really like it, you will get rich if UTG+1 bets this pot and the whole field has to act before you. Why not let him? I could understand if he isn't very aggro postflop or if you think he'd make this call because your tilted...
Old 08-24-2005, 03:07 PM

I kinda like it, it's a tilt move for sure. AA will call here and possibly AK as well, no?
Old 08-24-2005, 03:09 PM

As AZK said, I really like a limp-reraise push here. That being said, I think I like a CR all-in here on the flop given this flop as you will pot commit other people and it still looks like you probably have a draw.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I kinda like it, it's a tilt move for sure. AA will call here and possibly AK as well, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they probably will, but many other hands will go away that would have put in at least one bet.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:13 PM

i agree with azk. your stack size is perfect for pf push too
Old 08-24-2005, 03:17 PM

Agree with both.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 callers to me and I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it.

There's already $410 in the pot when it comes back to you, and you're playing a 4 way pot OOP. (Are you sure that you weren't tilting?)

Just end it PF. If somebody calls, all the better.

As for the flop, with 3 players yet to act, it is very likely that somebody will bet here. I too would go for the c/r all in.

An open push is about 1.5 times the pot, and will fold many hands that would have bet. Depending on the quality of the limpers, AK, KQ, KJ will all likely be bet, as well as many pairs below the K. Unfortunately, most of these hands are unlikely, since you have 3 kings.

If checked to the button, he has a pretty nice looking opportunity to steal this pot, and will possibly bet any two cards.

As far as this play looking like a tilting bluff, it does. Unfortunately, you have the deck crippled and may not be able to get a caller anyway. Any decent K will call, as will AA, but you will scare off many middle pair hands, especially from the players with people to act behind them.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:11 PM

I Would go ahead and reraise preflop, if you have a tilting image you'll most likely get action. However, I like your move on the flop.I've seen similar moves by tilting players, 99% of the time its a midpair or some kind of draw. This is even more convincing because of your stack size, which is perfect for a check-raise, if you liked your hand that much why not just check-raise all in with the pfr's continuation bet? If I was the preflop raiser I'd beat you to the pot with TT-AA, though I wouldn't call with ace high.