Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 02:37 AM

Default Any advice for my regular game?

I'm pretty sure this is the right forum to post this in, it could probably also go to the 'home poker' forum, so someone let me know if I should put it there instead.
After reading some of the thoughts on the different formats between the major online poker rooms, I began thinking about what kind of game my regular home game is and if I should have any strategy in mind for it. So, here's the info on the game I play, and if anything sticks out to you that should influence how I play at different levels or anything, I'd greatly appreciate it, as I haven't been as successful as I should be as of late.
We have anywhere from 6-10 players, start with about 500 chips, sometimes as high as 600. Blinds start at 5-10, each one doubles every half hour. Usually after 80-160 (level 5) they move to 100-200, then 200-400 if the HU match is taking a while. None of the players (myself included) have played more than 8 months, although I have done more reading & put forth more of an attempt to learn the game than the others, it just hasn't paid off. Lots of limpin usually. All-ins are common to be pushed or called with 4 to a straight or flush. Usually any A, K, or PP is played, often to a raise. I'm the tightest player in the group. With that said, any advice or things to look for? I plan on reading the new Small Stakes Hold'em, just haven't found it in a store around here yet. I think I'm in that group that I've read about that knows poker pretty well, just doesn't know how to beat what is probably an easy game.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Any advice for my regular game?

What's the payout structure? It's the 'bubble' situation (when their are 4-5 left playing and only 3 play) which make sit-n-go's unique and strategys differ from normal satellite strategy.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Any advice for my regular game?

With up to 7 players, we pay 2 spots..something like 50-20 or 40-20. With more than 7, 3rd place gets his money back