Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Super Magoo jamboree report!

I concur with my gal, Sticky Wicket.

I've never had so much fun at a poker table in my life. It's FUN to be a donkey! Who knew playing so horribly could bring so much joy to one's life?

My favorite moments included not only the live straddles, but the FOUR live straddles on a few hands - so we were capped before anybody had gotten any cards! Now that's poker.

Tim was right - he won some donkey hands - but he must've been playing too tight because he didn't win OR lose!

I'm amazed I didn't lose more than the one rack I did. I think Goofball has that rack, as he was the primo donkey at our table - rivering almost everyone on every damn hand we played. Bastard. I think he cashed out like 10 racks of blue.

The best was when we were playing games like razz or triple draw, and someone in the hand doesn't realize it's a LOW game until they flip up their sets and 2 pairs! That's comedy.

Seriously, I had a blast - it was great meeting everyone and we by BY FAR had the best table going!

I forgot to mention one game I think I invented...although one 2+2er said it was similar to a home game he called "Screw Your Neighbor:"

You play Hold'em exactly the same except for one thing: after the first round of betting pre-flop, you MUST give one of your hole cards to the player on your left. The hand continues from there! I see this as becoming the next big poker rage! Ed Miller can write about strategy! Sklanksky can write about the math behind it! Woo hoo!

Okay, maybe not, but it was a fun game to play last night.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:34 PM

Now that I'm not drunk...

That was definietly the most fun I've had at a poker table in a while (easy to say I know when you're "outplaying" the crap out of everyone [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]). Somehow, I managed to win 5 racks of blue (heh, probably my biggest winning session in terms of BBs) despite first damn hand of double flop holdem on the first table.

I finanlly fulfilled my lifelong dreams of drawing 5 in 2-7 triple draw and scooping a pot in double flop holdem. Also The Dude and I had some awesome fat tire drinking contests. The guy two to my right (sorry can't remember your name) provided us the best kill button ever, I'll let others elaborate.

I don't remember if i won a single hand in Razz (shouldn't be complaining though should I :-) ) I think i managed to lost some O8 pots to JustinA who didn't seem to ever look at his cards, and StickyWicket the only Omaha8 pro in vegas who isn't an 80 year old man. I think I'm sticking with 'I convinced dominic to change his avatar by mentioning how it made me want to cry last night.'
Old 06-19-2005, 04:30 PM

I have to compliment StickyWicket on her excellent poker trash talking ability, and for actually making one of the younger guys at the table blush. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Dbowling provided the kill button, which I assume was handed to him by some scrubby looking guy on the strip.

I don't see how I was playing too tight. I was seeing the flop with any two suited for 5 bets, while SinCityGuy insisted on 7 gappers or less. We also found a way around the 5 bet cap. One hand of holdem featured a straddle and 4 blind raises, making it 6 bets to see the flop. I was the 6 bettor, and was dealt 45o. Bells were going off in my head as the flop came down 235. A six on the turn gave me a straight, and we capped the betting again. There were two spades on the boad, and both goofball and I started thinking about what card we wanted to see fall on the turn. We both simultaneously yell "King of Hearts!", and high five across the table. The river card is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and now we have a double high five. He three bets me, and I value call my second nuts, only to be shown the stone nuts (47o) by goofball. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2005, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the ride and great playing everyone.

Thanks AL for getting this going, Gary Boyd manager @MGM welcomed us back for this, ANYTIME!

Well my worst beat was against ABE, Full house vs full house in 7cs high only.
ABE had my number all night. The prep-H stings!

Dynasty got me FB vs FB also, in Crazy Fox, great game, definitely needs to replace Hold'em.

Photoc never played 5 card draw before, I stood pat and he called me down with 2P, donation appreciated. Passed the prep-H!

I left down $9, considering they raked us at strict 10% $4max, I'll call it a win. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

WHO got kicked in the nuts?

-Bri
Old 06-19-2005, 07:25 PM

In the "Other Poker" forum, you can see a Crazy Fox hand which was played last night.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:05 PM

Just here to help...glad to be of service.

And to think that I couldn't get the g-damned board to pair by offering to sit on the dealer's lap and tell him what I want for Christmas....

I will never perceive "value" in the same manner again after last night...you men have changed my life [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Never had so much fun winning 1/2BB per hour, guys! I'm so money...

Sticky [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PS: Goof---Dom's avatar freaks me out, too... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THAT'S RIGHT. I made <font color="blue"> TWO FCUK.ING SETS </font> IN DOUBLE FLOP HOLDEM. (on the same hand J on each board)

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not tip the dealer the entire pot as well?
Old 06-19-2005, 09:16 PM

I think I won $125 but walked away with only $20, as I tipped EVERYONE, even Jason_T for a sweat and Blumpkin for reading my hand correctly in double-flop.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THAT'S RIGHT. I made <font color="blue"> TWO FCUK.ING SETS </font> IN DOUBLE FLOP HOLDEM. (on the same hand J on each board)

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not tip the dealer the entire pot as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a different hand.

First flop was T 9 8
Second flop was K K J

I had KJ in the SB and bet and everyone folded. Bastards. I was too annoyed to stack a pot at that point.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:04 AM

All I have to say is this:

1) Chip castle with a [censored] moat.
2) Jager &amp; Tequila rounds
3) Face up 33 taking down a massive pot in double flop hold'em. I rule.
4) Finishing down 3 racks, another 3 bills at craps, and at least another 2 at the strip club (I'm not as good as Evan &amp; jason t, though). Fun night, too tired for more details.