Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Poker bankroll + Life bankroll

It's often dicussed how important it is to be well bankrolled for the game you are going to play not only to keep yourself protected from a bad run of cards then going on tilt from the shock. What about your other, personal money?

I work 9-5 making [censored] pay in one of the most expensive places to live in America, already being super thrifty with my money I am still only able to stash about $400 a month of savings money which i still need to dip in to a few times a year for big purchases.

I noticed after my last big purchase (new computer+winter clothes, ~$3500) my personal savings have dipped down to $2000 while my poker bankroll is around $3500 and ever since then I have become very easy to tilt on the smallest downswings at games I am overbankrolled for, I have voice in my head telling me $2000 isn't enough for emergency money, if you lose your poker bankroll you will be DOOMED. I log in to my online bank account 3-4 times a day after every purchase I make, and check my poker bankroll like every half hour while im playing.

I'm cutting down my playing now, gonna spend more time reading books and only single table now $2/$4 limit (instead of $100NL/$200NL which was playing havoc on my emotions) instead of multi table to monitor my tilt better.

How frustrating.