Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Gambler\'s Fallacy-->Can I Call?

[ QUOTE ]
Given your history, I see villain playing AK, AQ, probably some worse hands, as well as PP 77-99 like this. I call this in heartbeat and if he has you beat, he has you beat. You have to make a stand against him at some point and can't just keep folding. You need to see what hands he has when he makes these plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked myself into a call and the turn and river bricked. He shows AK, instantly re-buys and i drag in a healthy pot. I see i should have re-popped him preflop. I'm looking forward to playing with this villain again to see what happens.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Gambler\'s Fallacy-->Can I Call?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given your history, I see villain playing AK, AQ, probably some worse hands, as well as PP 77-99 like this. I call this in heartbeat and if he has you beat, he has you beat. You have to make a stand against him at some point and can't just keep folding. You need to see what hands he has when he makes these plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked myself into a call and the turn and river bricked. He shows AK, instantly re-buys and i drag in a healthy pot. I see i should have re-popped him preflop. I'm looking forward to playing with this villain again to see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being RO here. I dont think you should have repopped him preflop with 1010, because he isnt 4betting, he is calling or folding. Id rather take a flop of his reraise and see what happens from there. If you are a good player you shouldnt be looking to do a lot of preflop raising and reraising, you should be looking to take flops and outplay your opponents when your edge is biggest.