Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Do Al\'s Rants Make You Tip More or Less?

[ QUOTE ]
But after the continual ranting and raving by Al Capone, it just makes me want to not tip ever again.

[/ QUOTE ]

In defense of Al, if people continually published in whatever trade journal your boss reads that he was a schmuck for paying you an annual bonus (after all, what is your paycheck for!!) I bet you'd be pretty upset.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:03 PM

Al's posts amuse me. pretty much in the same way that reading rants from waiters about restaurant patrons, or computerworld's sharktank column amuse me.

most people in every part of the service industry snark about their customers. usually, but not always, behind the customers' backs.

if you like reading things from people bitching about their customers, check out this.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Al's points are almost always dead-on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has he ever once made a solid logical argument for/against anything in any of his rants?

GoT
Old 07-26-2005, 02:09 PM

They don't affect how much I tip one way or the other. They do probably make me think a little less of dealers as a whole though, just because of his attitude.

GoT
Old 07-26-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But after the continual ranting and raving by Al Capone, it just makes me want to not tip ever again. If you are so unhappy in your job, QUIT!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember ever seeing Al post anything that would make me believe that he is unhappy w/ his job. It's not his job he is unhappy with, it is the nit retards that get under his skin from time to time. Well that is the way it seems to me anyway.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Tom I couldnt agree with you more...

All this BS ranting about tipping has really pissed me off also. I've cut back on my tipping conciderbly because of Al capone. Now if I see chipr777 or whatever his name is, I will tip him well, he's cool. Whats his name anyway, the dealer at the shoe in tunica. Anyway Tom, I agree with you 100%, I have cut back on my tipping A LOT thx to this al capone jerk.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:51 PM

i work at nasa, we launched a SPACE SHUTTLE this morning and i dont deserve a tip? :P

rj
Old 07-26-2005, 02:55 PM

OP raises a couple of good points, i hear what you're sayin man, i'm pickin up what you're puttin down. i also have the impression that the "regular" b&m players are godly and new players are nits..don't take it personal though, like one poster said, al only chimes in when he has to..he does not start threads like "i wanted to kick this guy in the balls" he usually responds to idiots that do not know what they are talking about
Old 07-26-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i work at nasa, we launched a SPACE SHUTTLE this morning and i dont deserve a tip? :P

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

that post was a joke, i hope no one thinks that i actually think i deserve a tip for anything.

rj
Old 07-26-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Al's posts amuse me. pretty much in the same way that reading rants from waiters about restaurant patrons, or computerworld's sharktank column amuse me.

most people in every part of the service industry snark about their customers. usually, but not always, behind the customers' backs.

if you like reading things from people bitching about their customers, check out this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the difference. The posts are posted here, dominated by poker PLAYERS- HIS OWN CUSTOMERS!!! It would be like putting these complaints on BestBuy.com or ElectronicsEnthusiasts.com, saying "I work at Best Buy, wow we had the biggest moron ever come in today, I wanted to kick him in the nuts".