Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: FILM REVIEW: Home Alone

Sorry to disappoint--like music, don't really have "favorites," far too mood dependent.

And my taste is far from refined. Perhaps, living in the UK, you were spared the six months of hands-to-the-face everywhere that invaded America in the wake of "Home Alone." Perhaps I unfairly connect that tiresome advertising with the actual movie--in any event, I haven't seen it since then.

My list would be pretty pedestrian anyway, with a bias towards films I saw recently.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this movie was incredibly sappy, irritating and lame 15 years ago. I can only shudder to think the revulsion I would experience now. It was a movie for half-wits, and thankfully Macaulay Culkin burned himself out quick so his incredibly obnoxious and ever-so-punchable face disappeared.

I have heard he has gone on to a succesful stage career, and more power to him.

How you like this trite, not remotely laughable (in the good way) filth is far beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you. This movie blows.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:39 AM

I like this movie A LOT 15 years ago. so i guess I better never watch it again so it doesnt tarnish my memeory....
Old 12-12-2005, 11:49 AM

this film is pure garbage.

diebiter: a guess that i don't mean in an insulting way at all; you were 10 years old (or younger) 15 years ago, and still have those childhood feelings for home alone.

i don't know any adults who were adult when the movie came out and can stomach it.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:54 AM

I was 25 when it came out, and saw some of it yesterday (admittedly only the bit from the stepping on christmas decorations to the spider on the face bit - cos my kids came got me, they know I love those bits). So there you go.

We watch it yearly in our house. And it makes me laugh like drains. I think maybe it is better watching with kids though, as they really laugh their heads off.

Atually jojo, you might have something, cos I don't think I saw it when it came out, I think it waited till it was on TV or something.