Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 10:24 PM

Default 1 Table to 4 Table Action

I used to play $22s and $33s one at a time on Ultimate Bet before I decided to make the switch to 4-tabling SNGs. I started at the $11s about a week ago. So far, I've adapted quite well after reading all of the good relevant posts here.

Anyway, one thing I noticed, and it's likely coincidental as I don't have even the "s" in sample yet, is that my 2nd place finishes have sky rocketed relative to 1st place finishes.

Any of you guys have a similar outcome when you moved to 4-table action?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: 1 Table to 4 Table Action

I think it's just the fact that you have so few headup meatchups... if you disect any small sample size sometimes I have the nice more 1sts/3rds than 2nds and sometimes 2nds seems like a mountain. How many SnG's and how many 1sts/2nds do you have?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:34 PM

Oh, not nearly enough to make any sort of real assessment. We're talking about less than 50 SNGs and less than 20 HU situations.

I guess I was just curious if that's normal, irrespective of my results and sample, for players to experience more 2nd place finishes initially.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:50 PM

I play the 1 table at once but I hope to move to 4 tables when I start winning at the $200 games in the new year.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:01 PM

Thanks for the useless reply.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:53 AM

In my 1 -> 4 table transition, i would say from feel that i play slightly worse HU and on the bubble based on the distraction of multiple tables. This would lead to more 2nd place finishes. I have always just assumed this is an expected result and worthwhile tradeoff of multi-tabling.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:00 AM

Since I started 4-tabling Stars (about 400 SnGs) my 1sts outnumbered 2nds at the rate of 2:1 .

You start feel like HU world champion and suddenly you lose your next 5 in a row...
Old 11-10-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You start feel like HU world champion and suddenly you lose your next 15 in a row...

[/ QUOTE ]

That was me yesterday - I play good
Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my 1 -> 4 table transition, i would say from feel that i play slightly worse HU and on the bubble based on the distraction of multiple tables. This would lead to more 2nd place finishes. I have always just assumed this is an expected result and worthwhile tradeoff of multi-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume I'll get adjusted to 4-tabling soon enough and that start row of 2nd places finishes will start to balance out. Hopefully with 1st and not with 4th.

Thanks, guys.