Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 04:35 AM

Default A little help with AA

The game is PL Holdem, 50cent ante. It's a full table and the game is Very Loose-Passive. I have AA in middle position and bet the pot($5) and get 3 callers. Flop comes JT3 rainbow. I bet $15 and get two to fold around to a loose-aggressive player who raises me $30. I think for a sec and make the call. The turn came a 6 and I check and he bets $30. I contimplate raising but just call never really thinking that I was beat because of his style of play. I was thinking maybe AJ. The river comes another 3, he bets $20 and I call and he shows me pocket TT's.

Where were my mistakes and at what point in this hand do I know for sure that my pocket AA's are beat. Remember that this is an older guy with alot of money and he doesn't mind pushing it around.

Appreciate the help
Old 11-12-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: A little help with AA

Given your read I think you played it fine. You aren't going to run into these situations very often so misplaying AA isn't going to be a very big leak. I probably would have pushed the flop thinking that the LAG could very possibly have AJ. It would really depend on how loose I thought the guy was. There are also many situations where I would fold that on the flop. What you need to ask yourself is would that guy call my pfr with AJ? Would he then check raise the flop or bet out. If the answer to both those questions is yes then you made the right play. If your answered no then you made a bad play.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: A little help with AA

[ QUOTE ]
I bet $15 and get two to fold around to a loose-aggressive player who raises me $30.

Where were my mistakes and at what point in this hand do I know for sure that my pocket AA's are beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when you get raised, you know he's got to have a bigger hand than you. What would you raise with if you were in his position? Two pair? Set? TPTK? Even though he's LAG, he's showing his strength by raising you there. But I'm not good enough to get away from AA on a non-scary board. Just my .02 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]