Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 11:15 PM

Default League Finals Strat. Question...

I have been playing in a Hold Em League for the last 4 weeks where there are 9 players who each put up a 20 dollar entry into the league. 4 One table tournaments would be played with each place giving you points (1 pt for last, 9 for first) with each point being the equivelent of 100 chips at the final table. Final table will be the top four point totals from the 4 weeks of play. After the 4 weeks I have the large stack with 3200, two stacks of 2400, and one of 1900. When this table begins, should i immediately start playing as the large stack 4 handed?, or should i be playing this in normal Sit And Go style.

If it helps i am SURE i am the best player here.

Thanks in advance.

Emon
Old 12-06-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: League Finals Strat. Question...

We need to know the blind structure and how many places are paid at the final table. Assuming the blind structure starts small I think you can start by just playing a normal big-stacked game, stealing blinds when appropriate, limping with good multi-way hands, etc..

Sounds fun. I might have to set one of these up soon.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:56 AM

blinds start at 25/25 and go up every 20 minutes. League pays 1 person so 1 out of the final four wins 180. I have won the last three weeks of the league and i think my opponents actually have a bit of fear in them of me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Should i let this effect my play??

Thanks
Old 12-06-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
blinds start at 25/25 and go up every 20 minutes. League pays 1 person so 1 out of the final four wins 180. I have won the last three weeks of the league and i think my opponents actually have a bit of fear in them of me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Should i let this effect my play??

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a cleverly disguised brag post. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

You're gold. Just play your game. Trip report when finished. GL.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:49 AM

heh...not bragging, just want to make sure i dont go playing stupid as i still am rather largely a donkey. I see my stack as DEEP in comparison to the blinds and therefore allows me to play more of a Deep Stack style of poker...however the fact that this whole table will be played 4 handed leaves me with questions on what my starting hand ranges should be. Should i loosen up a little and maybe try to lean on the smaller stacks or is a TAG game in order?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:02 PM

if youve won the last three, then dont change anything. you know your opponents better than we do. just dont freeze when the moneys on the line (i.e. now) and play your game.