Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 12:47 AM

Default .25/.50 6-Max Value with the Nut Flush

I think I got the most I could out of this hand... Im just curious to hear what other people think of the line/suggestions for alternate lines

I checked the turn because I figured he wouldn't call a pot sized bet on the Turn... and I figured if I check the river he'd surely bet it.

It's a pokerhand.org... the bisonbison on zerodive.cx seemingly won't convert FTP hands.

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=156941
Old 10-30-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: .25/.50 6-Max Value with the Nut Flush

I think you played this very poorly.

Bet the turn. And the river. You're extremely lucky he caught something on the river. If he had just the jack he checks behind and you win nothing.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:57 AM

Think so? I'm not convinced he calls a second barrel on the turn with second pair either.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Think so? I'm not convinced he calls a second barrel on the turn with second pair either.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, but its rot like no other. u lead the flop with A high, then u check the turn with the nuts then u check the river again with the nuts...

if i lead this flop (which i wont a large % of the time) i always lead the turn and river trying to build a pot. the way u played it misses all sorts of value. i want top pair to call me with my hidden hand, thats the only reason to lead the flop...
Old 10-30-2005, 01:17 AM

Fair enough. Maybe I'm just used to people folding whenever I actually have a hand. lol
Old 10-30-2005, 01:18 AM

I don't mind the turn check but the river check is lame. The 85% of the time that he doesn't improve his holdings he will check behind and you get nothing but there's a decent shot that villain will call a value bet even without spiking the second pair (trips, a straight or a worse flush).
Old 10-30-2005, 01:21 AM

I also don't mind you leading the flop since it may look like YOU were scared of the three-flush when you checked the turn when the "scare card" came although in this case, if villain picks up on that, they will not be as fearful of the flush when they get second pair, trips or whatever, and your river value bet actually gets raised instead of called. That's a good situation.