Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 08:55 PM

Default 100-200 I give up w/QQ fast

I just joined and have not played this game before so noone knows me.

UTG 14/10/1.2, solid overall raises, folded to me in MP with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 3bet, folded to him he calls.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he checks I bet he calls.

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he checks I check

River K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

he bets I fold.

-DrG
Old 10-11-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: 100-200 I give up w/QQ fast

So...no responses because it's horrid or because it's standard or do people just not know what to do?

I guess I'll post my reasoning:
A TAG raise and a peel on this flop always signifies an ace in my opinion. Well, almost always, the one and only hand I can put him on that would peel that is not an ace is KQ of clubs - all other clubs dont raise UTG except for ones with aces in them.

I didn't think this guy would peel with a smaller PP.

Reasonable logic?

-DrG
Old 10-11-2005, 11:10 PM

I think it's fine

but I would've looked him up if river wasn't a K against an unknown.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:11 PM

I think you can make a case for calling if that K doesn't hit the river, but once it does I think you have to fold, I can't think of anything you beat that plays it this way. Nice Fold
Old 10-11-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So...no responses because it's horrid or because it's standard or do people just not know what to do?

I guess I'll post my reasoning:
A TAG raise and a peel on this flop always signifies an ace in my opinion. Well, almost always, the one and only hand I can put him on that would peel that is not an ace is KQ of clubs - all other clubs dont raise UTG except for ones with aces in them.

I didn't think this guy would peel with a smaller PP.

Reasonable logic?

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost completely agree. I don't think other clubs like KJ, QJ, JT can be strictly ruled out, but I still like your line.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:02 AM

I wonder what you'd do with 2 black J's on that flop if you were the original raiser? Is a fold that easy when 88-TT could 3 bet and would autobet the flop?

What's his turn play after the autobet? You wouldn't peel with black JJ and check the turn? If you had raised with TT you check the turn now?

I think that's a good spot to bet JJ to try and take it down if I thought the turn check meant 3 better had 88-99 JJ-QQ. Easy fold to a raise.

Doesn't mean I disagree and you misplayed it, just saying I could see the thinking behind making a move on the river. How many times does 88 call you down on an A high flop and you wonder wtf?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:09 AM

How would you play this hand if you had TPMK OOP against a PF3-bettor? I check/call, check/call, bet every time.

I thought the fold was very astute, because I would play AQ-AT here this way against a good player here, and I'm sure that he gives you some modicum of respect here 3-betting PF. I can't see him raising PF with much more than these hands, especially given his stats, but very nice hand.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:13 AM

Are you checking the turn because you would fold to a check-raise, and you dont want to get pushed out if he has a draw?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you checking the turn because you would fold to a check-raise, and you dont want to get pushed out if he has a draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

no it's because I am presuming I am now usually beat, and will look him up on the river paying a total of 1.5bb postflop, but I don't want to be victim to a check call check call bet line because I would have a harder time folding for 1 on the river and would be paying 2.5bb.

I am assuming he is not drawing here.

-DrG
Old 10-12-2005, 01:37 AM

I suck but maybe this is why:

I'm shocked that this is "standard" at 100/200.

Personally, I fire again on the turn and fire again on a blank river (check-behind with the K but feel weak-tight about it).

I'm only a 3/6 player with similar stats to villain and play against guys like me all the time, and this is my line. What am I doing wrong here?