Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Finally grew some nuts... (shameless brag, LC)

...and called this down. Villain was the type who'd love to c/r bluff with any 2 when it looks like I missed. He was fairly tight preflop, but a monster aggro post with aggro numbers ranging between 4-6.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 5h 7c (two pair, tens and eights).
Hero has Kh Jc (two pair, tens and eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.20 BB. </font>

He hates calling, and is c/ring this flop if he paired at all. On the turn I give him zero credit for a T, and near as much for a 2 or 8. An A-high is possible, but a majority of them he's 3-betting preflop cause he's rolls like that. I could check through this turn to induce a river bluff, but it just seems too likely I'm ahead here. He could be ahead after the turn c/r, but I have 6 solid outs and by the river I know I'm good far better than 8:1. Any content in this? Nope. Am I proud? You betcha.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Finally grew some nuts... (shameless brag, LC)

NH, I need to work on making these as well
Old 08-18-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and called this down. Villain was the type who'd love to c/r bluff with any 2 when it looks like I missed. He was fairly tight preflop, but a monster aggro post with aggro numbers ranging between 4-6.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 5h 7c (two pair, tens and eights).
Hero has Kh Jc (two pair, tens and eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.20 BB. </font>

He hates calling, and is c/ring this flop if he paired at all. On the turn I give him zero credit for a T, and near as much for a 2 or 8. An A-high is possible, but a majority of them he's 3-betting preflop cause he's rolls like that. I could check through this turn to induce a river bluff, but it just seems too likely I'm ahead here. He could be ahead after the turn c/r, but I have 6 solid outs and by the river I know I'm good far better than 8:1. Any content in this? Nope. Am I proud? You betcha.

[/ QUOTE ]

your calldown puts me on uber-tilt.

nh.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:05 PM

Very pretty.
I'm expecting villian to show A3 the next time you post one of these [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your calldown puts me on uber-tilt.

nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, he got bad beat the very next hand, cussed out the table, and left. Even though a goldmine left the table, I couldn't get rid of my [censored] eating grin.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very pretty.
I'm expecting villian to show A3 the next time you post one of these [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly Transference... I don't post that one. How many times do you think it took me to finally win? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 04:33 PM

Can i ride your coattails?
I was fooling around multitabling UB 3/6 ring..

Hero posts the big blind of $3.

Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pre-flop:

3 folds, MP calls, 4 folds, Hero Checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, MP calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets, MP calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, MP bets, Hero calls.

Final pot: 6BB

Showdown:

MP shows T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 04:58 PM

I've been thinking about these villians that like to bluff raise the turn lately also. Would it be better to reraise the turn and maybe get him to fold?
Old 08-18-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been thinking about these villians that like to bluff raise the turn lately also. Would it be better to reraise the turn and maybe get him to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you will lose a maximum to a real hand and let him fold his bluffs?
Old 08-18-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you will lose a maximum to a real hand and let him fold his bluffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

But in all seriousness, the chance of you calling down is scary enough to make them stop bluffing too much.