Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Why I\'m going to play poker for a living... (from the OOT forum)

Don't believe in "gambling heritage" and stuff like that.
You are the one who knows if you can play with your head right. I got a gambling family also, yet I'm approaching poker with a very logical and rational mindset, and making a living out of it, for now.

I wish you good luck in this.
Best of it to you and yours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. Win that satellite and double me up in the trout game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Why I\'m going to play poker for a living... (from the OOT forum)

[ QUOTE ]
Don't believe in "gambling heritage" and stuff like that.
You are the one who knows if you can play with your head right. I got a gambling family also, yet I'm approaching poker with a very logical and rational mindset, and making a living out of it, for now.

I wish you good luck in this.
Best of it to you and yours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. Win that satellite and double me up in the trout game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Oh, and I won it. Sorry about not doubling you up though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Hope the 1/2 Mil. tourney is kind. Maybe I wouldn't have to wait til May [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I will post updates now that I see there is at least a little interest in following this.

While I'm putting a good bit of money aside for this, I have alloted myself a lil bit to use to keep playing in my local game. We play $2/$5 PLHE with an occasional Dealer's choice of PL: HE, Omaha Hi, and Omaha 8/B. The last 2 times I've played, I have sat with $400 in my pocket and left with no less than $1,000. This last weekend I cashed $1400 in profit. Not saying this is the norm, but it sure feels good to have those nights. And tonight, I won the 2nd of back-to-back satellites to win a seat in the $500,000 guaranteed tourney on Party, thanks to a $5+$1 SNG. Been a good week. Let's just hope it continues into Aug. 14th, the day of the big tourney.

In the meantime, I'm grinding it out at work, tough as it may be, keeping May 1st firmly in my sights.

Thanks for the responses and please, keep'em coming.