Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Its official, PV is now for sale

seriously, if you'd like to keep your 2+2 account, you should remove your location asap.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's be honest here though... while I love PV, it seems like the thing always has flaws. I ignored these flaws which I could have a long post describing all the issues I've had with PV.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, this is the issue here, a stable perfect running playerview is easily worth $50 to me. I have been using the program for a good while and have dealt with the little bugs and have not had a problem with them because it was a free program. But now with a $50 price tag I expect it to be a completely professional program with zero bugs and the stats displaying perfectly all of the time.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This was all fixed a while ago.

Krishan

Any chance you could change your location? We lost signatures because of people like you.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Done, and my apologies.

Krishan
Old 05-03-2005, 10:37 AM

"As an original donor and supporter to the original project, I feel this is way way overpriced IMO"

You qualify for a free registered copy.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:27 AM

So, then you never purchased PT?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, then you never purchased PT?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this have to do with anything? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let's be honest here though... while I love PV, it seems like the thing always has flaws. I ignored these flaws which I could have a long post describing all the issues I've had with PV.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, this is the issue here, a stable perfect running playerview is easily worth $50 to me. I have been using the program for a good while and have dealt with the little bugs and have not had a problem with them because it was a free program. But now with a $50 price tag I expect it to be a completely professional program with zero bugs and the stats displaying perfectly all of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You paid money for PT and it doesn't have zero bugs and runs far from perfect.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:04 PM

PT is a more complex program and I have yet to experience any bugs or errors, nor have I heard of any major errors in any primary funtion of PT. While every version of PV I have used (have not used/purchased the most recent version of PV) has had atleast some problems with its primary function in displaying all stats completely and in real time. I acknowledge that there will be some problems with any software program out there, I was just stating if a programmer starts charging this price I expect a professional program (which I consider PT to be).
Old 05-03-2005, 12:08 PM

I'm not sure to say PT is more complex would be accurate. Sure, it performs many operations but PV I would venture a guess has much more coding in it.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:14 PM

There's a lot of nonsense in this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
To all people who think pokertracker should cost $100-200, I laugh. No new player (IE a .5/1 and 1/2 player) would buy it if it cost $100-200. I think Pat found a great equilibrium price at $55 (Although, I think the maximum equilibrium would go for $75)

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly have you calculated this 'maximum equilibrium'? Do you think pokertracker target new .5/1 dollar players?

[ QUOTE ]
And to all those that say that playerview is worth $50, I also laugh because playerview is worthless without tracker. Playerview should at MAX cost $25.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I emailed them trying to say its outrageous to charge 90% of the price for an ad-on and thats part of what I got in return.

[/ QUOTE ]

All windows programs rely on windows. So must these cost less than the operating system? I work for a development company who sell software for $200. I know a company who sells a plugin for this for 10 times the amount of the original product. This is because it's a niche product and is extremely useful to a few of our customers.

Where is this 'rule' that plugins should cost at most x% of the original program?

[ QUOTE ]
It is a shame that the inventor will not budge on the price issue because he is losing a lot of buyers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he? Is it losing at least half the buyers than if it was priced at $25? What do you think the variable cost is of supported twice as many people?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So all commercial software must have 0 bugs and work perfectly? How much commercial software do you use?

[ QUOTE ]
lol like anyones gonna pay 50 bucks for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

People are.

[ QUOTE ]
Overpriced. 25 would be reasonable

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on what? To my knowledge there's only two products of this kind on the market. Both were free. Now one charges. You have no benchmark to go on. This is only 'overpriced' if people don't buy it, and only time will tell on that.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure to say PT is more complex would be accurate. Sure, it performs many operations but PV I would venture a guess has much more coding in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Software isn't price on the number of operations of computations it performs. It's priced on the usefulness of the software, how much competition there is, how much support involved with the product, the size of the target audience etc.