Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Reason #67 not to play at Absolute

Now the hand histories aren’t working.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Reason #67 not to play at Absolute

I just started playing there and was searching the forum for more on why the hand histories can't be imported by PT. In the PT error report it says there is missing information like no flop for the game or can't fing the big blind. I've tried having them sent both by time and table but they don't seem to work. This is definately a huge negative for their site.Can you link me to reason #1-66? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2005, 12:48 PM

Since about Wednesday the AP HH's have had randomly inserted "!" throughout the file. I have opened the files in notepad and done a search for all of the exclamation points and deleted them and then been able to import the files. The files also sometimes have other random errors that PT finds that I have had to manually fix. This is a real inconvenience so I've stopped playing there until it is fixed. I have sent an email to support about it but haven't heard back yet.
TAR
Old 04-18-2005, 09:08 PM

They are swamped answering my questions about HH, extra tables, slow software, etc. They do respond. It might take them a day or so, but they will respond.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:08 AM

Here is the response I got. Didn't quite address the HH situation, but they did respond [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dear ;

It is our mission “to be the best and most trusted”, and to meet this goal we know that we need to listen to our players.

We may not be able to personally answer your email, but please rest assured that it will be reviewed by me, the Poker Room Manager, and by our Director of Customer Support. All suggestions, comments and concerns will be addressed.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you!

Sincerely,

Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.com
Old 04-19-2005, 12:49 PM

Ya, and those radomly inserted “!” marks really f’ed up my database. On preferences, my limits are displayed as:

1/2
2/4
2!/4
!/2
2/4!
2/!4
!2/4
2/!
3/6
3!/6

How do you manually fix that?

I’d like to say I’m never going back, but I’m a sucker for endless 10x bonuses.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:52 PM

I played 1200 hands there on Saturday and I am still going through and correcting Hand histories.

I am not playing there again until I am done correcting this last batch. Takes me about 25min to correct 200 hands.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:07 PM

Has anyone gotten the rewards card in the mail?
Old 04-19-2005, 01:43 PM

Wow. Their software can't properly write an ascii file. Inpires a lot of confidence in their software to shuffle cards, determine the winner of the hand, detect collusion, etc. if they can't get the simple stuff right.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:52 PM

Although you're right, to be fair about this, user input or output is not "the simple stuff" in computer programming. And as absolute makes no commitment to support third party programs, i would hope that fixing this is a long way down their priority list. Below getting rid of that stupid dialog box that pops up when somebody disconnects, the several unecessary dialog boxes you get when you come off the waiting list, or the fact that you have to keep the table open whilst you're on the waiting list, otherwise you get ghost tables. To mention only my top peeves....