Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Whatd the dude say to piss off Jennifer Harmon?

[ QUOTE ]

First of all people are often drinking, so slowrolling is the equivalent of going to a bar and talking crap to everyone there and just annoying the hell out of them. I would expect the guy who does this would get beatdown by at least one of them, if not several.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you often beat barroom loudmouths to death? Maybe because the Sox lost?

[ QUOTE ]
Also not everyone can really afford to lose certain money,

[/ QUOTE ]

So because they are gambling above their head it's your fault?

P.S. I'm not defending slowrolling, it's a jerk move.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If this guy immediately called on Jennifer, I don't think she gets as upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

She will be very upset regardless what the guy do.
What do you expect from her from such a bad beat?

Maybe Daniel can joke it off.
Maybe Chris can stay calm.
Jen will be upset.
Phil will cry.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You have to factor a lot of things in. First of all people are often drinking, so slowrolling is the equivalent of going to a bar and talking crap to everyone there and just annoying the hell out of them. I would expect the guy who does this would get beatdown by at least one of them, if not several. Also not everyone can really afford to lose certain money, I mean maybe the guy got hooked a bit too much and lost 1000 too much that would have been for the rent or other expenses and then you slow roll? Why not just ask for a beating its about the same thing. You see theres a lot of factors that come into play and thats why you dont slow roll, its not the good players you have to worry about its the drunks or people who cant control their emotions that are the problem. Also the good riddance thing, it was bound to happen as I said, its like going into a bar and insulting everyone, what do you expect?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that it was a "jerk move", to use the parlance of somebody else in the thread, but I run into jerks at least 5 times a day. I also understand that doing so, when in the wrong circumstances, can get you into trouble.

But slow-rolling is so minor in the scheme of things, the main reaosn being that the hand is already over at that point. It doesn't affect any outcome. I think I would find someone blatantly celebrating a lot worse (Mattias Andersson 2004?).

Oh well.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:35 PM

I see this crap all the time and I only play once a month; 20-40 at FW... for someone who plays in the biggest games in the world; she should realize that there are a lot of d-bags in the poker world.. come on this stuff happens all the time.. whats the big deal
Old 10-13-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you often beat barroom loudmouths to death? Maybe because the Sox lost?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but a week doesnt go by where you dont read or hear a news story about, a bar fight is so common it rarely makes the news anymore. Not all are beaten to death, but some are, those are usually the few that make the news. Im just saying its not uncommon or crazy, its pretty much common.

[ QUOTE ]
So because they are gambling above their head it's your fault?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you are giving them a target for their anger and lack of control. They lost that money because they lost control, do you really want to wear a bullseye in front of those people?

[ QUOTE ]
But slow-rolling is so minor in the scheme of things, the main reaosn being that the hand is already over at that point. It doesn't affect any outcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of things dont matter, but people still do stuff that makes no sense such as beating someone to death with a tire iron. Cursing at someone wont do any harm to them or anything at all, but you know that doesnt mean people wont fight about it.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:59 PM

He slow rolled the nuts after a speech. Nothing worse IMO.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:11 PM

Eh. Cooling it a bit would have been JHT's ideal move*, but given that the guy's antics weren't great either, and that she seems to be generally calm, I can't really dig into her a whole lot.

*The really ideal move, given the circumstances, would have been to burst into flames right there. Unfortunately, it's not the sort of thing you can count on.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:38 PM

I recorded this and have watched it numerous times. Zeidman does not slow roll his cards. He says ALL IN and turns his cards over right away. Now he does "give a speech", but he just got a str8 flush against Jennifer Harmon in the World Series of Poker at the featured table. THINK HE WAS EXCITED? There isn't anything he could have said to take the sting out of that "brutal beat" Jen took. Has anyone ever heard someone who did? [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 09:41 PM

she is far from hot. i suppose when all a person follows is poker, the average chick begins to look good. I laugh at all the "hot" comments when one of these rode hard beezatches gets mentioned. As a rule, atleast where I sit, there are few hot poker hos out there.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If this guy immediately called on Jennifer, I don't think she gets as upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

She will be very upset regardless what the guy do.
What do you expect from her from such a bad beat?

Maybe Daniel can joke it off.
Maybe Chris can stay calm.
Jen will be upset.
Phil will cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. I understand Jen steaming and I don't really blame her. But, her behavior just gives me another reason to respect the way Chris, Daniel, and Howard all comport themselves at the table.

Staying classy gets you more chips in the end. Poker is about exploiting weakness and Jen showed it.