Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2004, 01:04 PM

Default Which sites have the most free rolls?

I'm learning, and don't want to pony up big $ til I have more experience--what are the best sites for free rolls? (quantity, not quality)
thanks, all! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2004, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Which sites have the most free rolls?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm learning, and don't want to pony up big $ til I have more experience--what are the best sites for free rolls? (quantity, not quality)
thanks, all! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's quantity you want, check out Absolute and Pokerchamps. Absolute host a freeroll (cash, satellite or WSOP) almost every hour. Pokerchamps actually does host a freeroll every hour.

I would suggest however, that you also look at quality. There are freerolls available with quite a few bucks at stake, and it generally holds true that the more money is at stake, the more serious people play. And if you want to learn, you'll need your opponents to play proper poker. Check out this link for some decent freeroll tournaments.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:32 PM

I don't think you're going to learn much from freerolls. If you don't know how to play the game, learn at low stakes ring games and build your way up. Also of course read here. Get some books that 2+2ers recommend. Once you feel competent in ringgames, start thinking about what kind of differences there are in tournaments; the inability to rebuy if you bust, etc. and how this should effect your play. If you're a reasonably bright person, you can probably do as much for yourself by simply thinking about the subject as Sklansky's book can do for you. In poker, you just can't learn without real experience, and IMO freerolls don't really constitute as real experience for the same reason that if you ever play with your family for fun (unless they're competitive as hell) it really won't be valuable to your game.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you're going to learn much from freerolls. freerolls don't really constitute as real experience it really won't be valuable to your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't say i agree with that. Yes at the start there are nutcases who will call with anything etc. But is that really much different from low limit ring games? Also after the first hour or so the play tends to become more 'normal' and so give useful experience