Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Study and review!

Ok, now I have poker tracker, and all of the recomended reading has been completed. Aside from rereading, how much time should I set aside to reviewing the hands I have played and/or my poker tracker stats/info?

Any suggestions?
Old 11-05-2004, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Study and review!

I know this is a generic answer but...

Set aside as much time as you think you need to. I honestly don't know if anyone can give a better answer. Others may be able to tell you how much time they invest. However that really does nothing for you.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:38 PM

That's silly, there is no set time you should sit and review you stats. Just look them over and make sure they are where you want to be. Get familiar with PT and spend some time here and at the pokertracker forums so you know what each stat is and what the implications of high or low values mean.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:54 AM

I'll replay hands from a losing session to make sure that all those bad beats were not actually bad plays on my part a lot more often than I dwell on my stats. And I spend a little time experimenting with all those filters that seemed so worthless when I first started using PT.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:42 PM

This is what I was looking for. What types of filters do you use, or is there a template out there for the most useful stuff?

Thanks
Cliff
Old 11-08-2004, 11:34 AM

I know of no template. I have made my own filters in the 'known starting hands' section of the General Info. tab. For instance you could make one that filters for pairs and suited connectors and save it as "Smart Cards" or something. Then, just foir the heck of it, look how the resulting profit/loss changes when you compare tables with 2-3 to the flop with 4-7. Then try looking at just pairs. Then create a filter called 'stupid cards." Etc.

There are also ways to filter data on the "Preferences" tab. I find the 'by date' feature gives me a way to look at whether I am progressing or getting stale. Watch out that you don't let small sample size errors creep in (I know... almost all samples are too small).