Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Commerce 40/80 Full Steam Ahead

My last night at Commerce and I'm in a pretty good 40 game. For what it is worth, I didn't think that the play overall was all that overaggro. But there was very little trust and it was very rare that anyone would fold any pair either before the flop or on the river. People were constantly calling multiple bets at least PF and on the flop. Yet folks would continue to bet their A high or busted draws on the river with very little folding equity.

There's a couple of decent players that I had played with on and off over the weekend and they have given me a fair amount of respect. There was one period when I had been folding for a long time and one of the folks asked me if I was waiting for my AA or KK again. Another fellow came to my defense saying "Didn't you see him raise earlier with T9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and flop a straight. So I guess that for the thinking folks I had a decent image.

A couple of loose fishy folks limp and I raise black QQ in LMP, another loose player that has called 3 bets cold before the flop on at least 2 occasions 3 bets on the button. This means a big hand. The BB calls the 2 bets as do the limpers and I call.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, button raises and we clear out the field and I 3-bet, button calls

Turn comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, button calls.

River is T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

What's the plan here? What about the other streets?