Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: My Video (short - 6:39)

[ QUOTE ]

What was the result for the AA hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer resides at 5:09.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What was the result for the AA hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer resides at 5:09.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost to a 7.

Krishan
Old 11-28-2005, 06:34 PM

Damn, I already missed all the discussion. I don't really have much to add. Almost everything seemd pretty standard to me. I probably play 62s like you did, but I can see why people advocate checking the turn. What was your reason for not raising the turn with AA? I find that sometimes people don't be the river, and then you never get to raise.

Good editing. My only problem with it is that sometimes you cut a bit too close. If you wait about 1 second after folding or seeing showdown, things are much clearer. This adds virtually no time to the length of the video.

Good job.

Next time get into more marginal situations!
Old 11-28-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 62s call was really easy. 68o isn't a bad call I don't think. I don't know the odds on flopping a straight draw with a 1 gapper for one thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should trust Abdul Jalib on this and call both 62s and 86o, he says:

[ QUOTE ]
Versus one or more callers in addition to the raiser, get away from offsuit aces below about A9 and your weakest offsuit hands like 42, but you can call with any two suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

He prefers 62s before A8o in a raised multiway pot from BB. That is something to think about. I think many players would much prefer to call with likely dominated hands as A7o then trash hands like 53o or 62s no matter how many players in. Its really hard to not think A8o is better then 62s because u have won so many pots with A8o but almost none with 62s (specially if u play SH-tables).

http://www.pokerator.com/statistics/openpage.asp?id=1
Old 11-28-2005, 07:09 PM

I assume the stats on the left of the players name are the new agression type stats.

Anyway u can tell me how the new ones work and if they are more effective?
Old 11-28-2005, 07:17 PM

Why do I just get "error downloading codec?" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume the stats on the left of the players name are the new agression type stats.

Anyway u can tell me how the new ones work and if they are more effective?

[/ QUOTE ]

Top 3 are cr %, defend BB, Attempt to steal. Down the side are fold flop, fold turn, fold river. First Bottom is VP$IP/PFR/hands. Second Bottom is Aggression Total and WTSD.

Krishan
Old 11-28-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think we should trust Abdul Jalib on this and call both 62s and 86o,

He prefers 62s before A8o in a raised multiway pot from BB. That is something to think about. I think many players would much prefer to call with likely dominated hands as A7o then trash hands like 53o or 62s no matter how many players in. Its really hard to not think A8o is better then 62s because u have won so many pots with A8o but almost none with 62s (specially if u play SH-tables).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good enough for me. I'll call with weak connectors down to 64o getting 7-1. I think 62s is way better than A8o. I have no problem conceptualizing that. If you are getting involved with a marginal hand, pick one with implied odds, not reverse implied odds.

Krishan
Old 11-28-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do I just get "error downloading codec?" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/
Old 11-28-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

aa hand. i like it. i assume you only called the river. 4betting would be spewing i think given the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually thinking about folding. My river raises have been mixed up lately. There is a time and place to wait for the river to raise because you are less likely to get 3-bet on the river than on the turn. This protects you both from folding the best hand when you get 3-bet on the turn by a draw + you don't lose as much when you are behind (Say to 2 pair).

Recently I think I started calling river 3-bets in spots where the river 3-bet is almost always the nuts. So I had to slow down and think the hand through from the start to make sure I wasn't calling the river when I shouldn't. Villian can have AA or AK often enough for calling the river 3-bet to be profitable (I think). Since noone else has objected to the river call I'm guessing it's okay.

Krishan