Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Bump

This is an old thread of mine that I want to liven up a bit.

I still play after it though, but thinking about skipping it. What do you guys think?

I also realize now that it should have been in the Small Stakes forum, but if you have any input its preciated. Or maybe it's possible to move it there?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: SH Preflop rule of thumb

witohut sounding harsh, are you very comfortable with your post flop play. If you find hands like K9 difficult to play, its not the hand which is the problem, its your play.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:05 AM

Im comfortable with my post-flop play. But anyway I dont want to get into truble in a way to for example flop top pair with Q8s and then have to pay some to see where I stand etc. I also dont want to flop a 2 pair that easy can be counterfeited.

But as I said in the bump-post I just thinking about [censored] the rule and start playing hands like 87o against donks in position etc.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:56 PM

just focus on playing hands against the donks. if you know a donk calls way too often preflop, especially to raises then will call down with 2nd pair, raise on the button with K9s to get the tight players to fold and then your heads up vs the donk player with position and likely a better hand. thats the way to maximise your EV.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:13 PM

making money playing 6-max is all about isolating the donks. K9s and A9o and the like should be raised in position so everyone else folds except for the fish and you can outplay him postflop.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:29 PM

That one of the things I thinking about start to do thats of the "rules".

Another thing is to stop make huge raises from the blinds with 53s, small pairs (44 and under) and so [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 07:42 PM

IMO Your ruleset is flawed if it has you folding (when allowed to open) A9o and K9s from the SB but raising 53s from the BB after the SB open-completes.

Also IMO, rulesets are flawed.

You should really be playing worse hands from the BN I would say also. PT has me at 47/35 from the BN at the same game you play and its been treating me well (> 50% of total winnings won on the BN).