Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Fraud

I would play more on Pacific but they email you your password and then don't let you change it so I figure it ain't that secure so I don't feel safe keeping a lot of money on there.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: fraus

[ QUOTE ]
I went to them with the problem after signing up for the bonus. But are they not partly liable for not verifying after I e-mailed them. They could have prevented/minimized if they had investigated after my e-mail. Instead, the representative seemed to have done a half hearted effort to investigate before responding to my e-mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they are, but oh wait, oops, they're located oversees and are a gamlbing site. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:11 AM

It is not Pacific's fault that you are an idiot. Why are you clicking on links in the chat box anyway? Stop trying to blame others for your mistakes. It sucks that it happened, but I have no sympathy for you.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:29 AM

Ok, so you made a mistake. We all know this.

IF I were you, I would try to find out the "online paper trail" of "your" recent withdrawls.

This would be my first step.

Also provide them with the screen name of the guy who scammed you (if you know it).

They should be able to log your banking activity and that would be (IMHO) the way to go.

Best of Luck
Old 10-24-2005, 02:40 AM

Canada Bill Jones said . . .
Old 10-24-2005, 02:46 AM

Two thoughts:

1)Can anyone here raise his/her hand, and say "I was never scammed/ tricked out of any money at all in my youth."?

2) the .ms net suffix means Morocco. African phishers have the cash now- No recourse for that sort of thing.
EDIT: Except... Your chips were dumped to a scammer at the tables and/or transferred via transfer request. Don't poker sites have a waiting period (24-48 hrs.) for withdrawal of 'recently aquired' bankroll?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:10 AM

You didn't exactly say how you got cleaned out, but I will assume you went to a chatbox scammers website and gave them your account information.

This is classic fraud. Taking advantage of the victims greed. I.E an extra bonus.

Things musta changed at Pacific since I played there.It was my 2nd site and I ran a $100 deposit up to $2800 and spent 6 months trying to cashout.

I feel for you at least a little. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't exactly say how you got cleaned out, but I will assume you went to a chatbox scammers website and gave them your account information.

[/ QUOTE ]
Including the password.

How many times are we told by everyone imaginable (bosses, TV news shows, etc.) not to give out passwords, especially ones that allow access to money?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:27 AM

Customer Service at poker sites are generally bad but you have to contact PP's security dept and tell them this. Maybe they can find out how the money was taken out (transfer, dumping, etc). If by cheque, they should be able to stop it (I doubt it was by cheque though). How much are we talking about? Anyway, HURRY and contact them!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: fraus

[ QUOTE ]
I went to them with the problem after signing up for the bonus. But are they not partly liable for not verifying after I e-mailed them. They could have prevented/minimized if they had investigated after my e-mail. Instead, the representative seemed to have done a half hearted effort to investigate before responding to my e-mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is no one's fault but your own.