Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

View Poll Results: Do you call raise PF after calling BB?
No 4 11.76%
Yes 30 88.24%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: What is he Thinking?

i don't know about the "moran" part, but i am happy that you are so deliciously intoxicated w/ this powerful elixer you have discovered. read more, drink it in, enjoy..........b
Old 12-26-2005, 07:32 PM

Thank you, I will...and I must say it is definitely both delicious and intoxicating...Kind of like a Jack and Coke.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I push A9 PF in your position.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and get called by a better hand 95% of the time.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:40 PM

He was thinking all three of what you had , and that maybe also you had a ten, which, even without a pair, makes his call horrendous.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:08 AM

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is your problem? It's clear from some of your other posts you have some sort of problem with curtains. Good for you, but don't clog up the boards with this garbage. I fail to see the "cult of personality" surrounding curtains, at least nowhere near the level afforded other prominient posters (Gigabet, Diablo, etc).

He's not infallible, nor does he claim to be. I don't know the guy personally, but if he was full of hot air all the time he most certainly would be exposed by others in his game, one of the great features of this community.

I doubt he needs me to defend him and that's not the purpose of this post. My concern is that posters with his talent + patience/willingness to teach for free are few and far between, and I don't want the well to dry up because of some assclowns like you.

If you have a problem with him, deal with it, otherwise just put him on ignore and stay out of the discussion.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:14 AM

Personally, i'm really surprised that you found this situation worth taking time to complain about, it's so normal. Hell, I just went all in with 1200 in a hand at level 4 with 8 players left, got one guy who reraised all in for 1600, and a last guy called us both and was also all in and he flipped up 9 4 off, and i'm still not surprised enough to post about it....if you ask me, these people just got too much alcohol as fetuses, and the rest of us have a lot to be thankful for as a result:P
Old 12-27-2005, 03:15 AM

Don't worry I won't "quit" 2+2 because of random people. I've always found the concept of someone threatening to leave a site because of one or two morons to be childish. It's like a plea to have everyone tell you how great you are and how you should stay. As long as there is interesting poker conversation happening on 2+2 I should stay around.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:37 PM

don't you find it strange that what is 'clear' to you isn't even true? i don't know a thing about curtains. i don't believe, however that anyone here (maybe stanzee) would claim infallibility. only defend those things that you believe are in need of it. "assclown"--i didn't curse curtains or his fans. perhaps you could go back and read my posts and look to the "larger view" that just might be lurking w/in. happy motoring...........b
Old 12-27-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bearly, are you a moran? the idea is that curtains sends out hand histories for others to critique his play and try to learn from it. They choose interesting hands that they would like others to discuss as well and post it as "curtains" hand so that Curtains knows his sending out hand history files is being put to good use. After a period of inactivity he will often respond with his thoughts so that others can learn. I have seen threads where Curtains learned something new and many more threads where the rest of us did. If you don't like it, don't read the threads. It is certainly making this forum a lot better as many content rich posts are coming from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agreed. I wish this form had more Curtains threds..

Also - I look foward to the day when I have 500 posts and can personally review his HH.

For the record - I'd also review HH by ANY proven successful 2+2er whose style I respected.