Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-19-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Donkeyfied AA hand

Firstly it was not 1 bad beat, it was 3. I cleaned you out. During our first encounter you had 50,000 plus in chips and I had 15,000. I ended up with 65,000 chips and knocked you out fair and square.

very truly: the donkey

PS: Dan Mezick: I'm proud I came in 53rd in a field of 1878. Not bad for 4 months of play. I'm here lurking to learn. But find it a little disconcerting that the words jerk and idiot are used to describe an exchange I had.

PokerStars Tournament #16586799, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $3.00/$0.30
1878 players
You finished the tournament in 53rd place.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should have clarified some more on playing AA with a big stack. I usually raise 4x to 6x the bb with AA in early pos, but if I'm in late pos looking at several limpers, I'm raising 10x or more or even just push all in. As far as slow rolling when short stacked, the goal is to get as much in the pot to maximize value, especially in early pos, late pos I just push all in period. I by no means am advocating slow playing AA at all, I've seen too many people get cracked, to include myself, by slow playing. I've grown past the thinking I'm clever and slow playing and trapping seeing as how I've been beat doing just that. Having flopped nut flushes get beat on the turn by a full boat hurts. I'm also not saying that my way is the best way, just another approach that works from time to time. I still have alot to learn, trust me, and your critque is welcomed, but I'll crush you in Candyland.

-Rich

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good approach in a loose low limit game where people will call overbet raises.

Normally though, I just raise the same as I would with AQ or JJ or something, or come in as the first or second limper.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:08 PM

Now this is funny, a reply from the "Villan" himself. Now for some real perspective. Chzcake, what exactly were you were thinking when calling the PF raise, by that I mean, did you think he had a hand like AA or AK or small pair? Did you see the raise as a standard 4x raise and nothing to worry about or what? Your feedback is greatly appreciated on this, for all of us. I already you were jumping for joy on the flop.

-Rich
Old 12-19-2005, 04:17 PM

As mentioned I had bit deeply into his stack on two prior exchanges. I now had most of his chips. He made a comment about being hot earlier and now cooling off. The pre-flop bet was pretty typical of what was coming out from medium strength hands. I didn't read him as anything too strong...maybe a medium pair at best. I also thot he might be on tilt and was looking for a chance to finish him. So I called with a KJ. Obviously I flopped a KJ and when he raised all in I buried him. Whats funny is hero is playing the victim of a donkeyfield. The truth is, he just shot himself in the foot.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still have alot to learn
-Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about the only part of your post that is right. Keep reading here.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chzcake said: "Whats funny is hero is playing the victim of a donkeyfield. The truth is, he just shot himself in the foot."

[/ QUOTE ]

My response, although somewhat called for, was undignified. Fact is, hero played very well to accumulate $50,000 in chips to that stage of the tourney and I'm sure I could learn a lot from him.

cheers!
Old 12-19-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chzcake said: "Whats funny is hero is playing the victim of a donkeyfield. The truth is, he just shot himself in the foot."

[/ QUOTE ]

My response, although somewhat called for, was undignified. Fact is, hero played very well to accumulate $50,000 in chips to that stage of the tourney and I'm sure I could learn a lot from him.

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Like how not to call early position raises with KJo.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:39 PM

Wrong. You didn't do this. I never had 50,000 in chips in that tourney what was the screename of the dude you knocked out? I don't go by sngsam on pokerstars.

SAM
Old 12-19-2005, 06:44 PM

1.The donkey in this scenario was me. I was mad that I played this so hard when a scare flop came.

2. It wasn't you.

3. If you did have a similar hand with someone else...I still think it's a bad call preflop but not horrible.

Straight Flushes,

SAM
Old 12-19-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As mentioned I had bit deeply into his stack on two prior exchanges. I now had most of his chips. He made a comment about being hot earlier and now cooling off. The pre-flop bet was pretty typical of what was coming out from medium strength hands. I didn't read him as anything too strong...maybe a medium pair at best. I also thot he might be on tilt and was looking for a chance to finish him. So I called with a KJ. Obviously I flopped a KJ and when he raised all in I buried him. Whats funny is hero is playing the victim of a donkeyfield. The truth is, he just shot himself in the foot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like villain was eager to get involved in pots with Hero for a personal vendetta and therefore got involved with a weak hand in a marginal situation? And you're proud of this why?

Fold PF.

As for Hero, the hand was played fine.