Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: 100/200 settle this PF debate

[ QUOTE ]
A good player and i strongly disagree on this point. what do you think.

you are in the BB with Axs and UTG raises and there is a cold caller. is it correct to call in the BB getting 5:1??

[/ QUOTE ]

need more info ny...how tight is UTG raiser? 7%? 10%? 20%? 50%?

how good is UTG postflop? can he make up for being out of position well? does he have gaping holes in his game that allow for large exploitation? is he tricky enough to check large hands on the flop? will he just call a c'r or 3bet with possibly worse hands?

what about the cold caller? does he cold call with any two? 20% of his hands? only those that he doesn't want to scare away others with (AA/KK)? will he bet when checked to all the time here? is he passive enough to check behind giving possible free cards?

we need SOME info here. buuuuuuuut, i'll go along with the assumption that we know absolutely nothing about both UTG and the cold caller.

in this case you can basically flip a coin IMO. i dont think its close one way or the other w/o any info on your opponents. however, it may appear to be close which is why you and your friend are having such a large disagreement on the subject. 5:1 is not enough imo to call w/ 73s as was mentioned, and right here id rather have 64s over A2s. and in this spot i think id call b/c the average 1/2 player isn't that great. i know i can get away when i miss and i'll be getting many times 8.5:1 on a call which is sometimes just enough to profitably peel to see the turn. if cold caller will raise a lot of flops and i lose my ability to peel, the clal loses value.

if UTG checks after raising on boards that id like to peel then i lose some value b/c he could be slowplaying a big hand and the unpredictability there would cause me to fold if cold caller bets when checked to on boards where id rather have UTG bet and cold caller call so i can see the turn getting 8.5:1.

those are just some considerations. more info is needed imo.

Barron