Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Rumblings on UB $11\'s

Most of the discussion on this forum involve people who play Party with the next biggest demographic being people who play PokerStars. For the most part, I play Ultimate Bet, with a little Pokerstars on the side. I like playing with the deeper stacks that UB gives to start even if they take longer to complete. I don't play SNG's for a living, just for a little extra spending money here and there. So back to the point....I feel that a lot of the discussion on here talks about how bad most $11 players are...i.e. going all in on inside straight draws, middle pair, etc etc in the early levels as well as not knowing when to push in later stages, and being horrible bubble players. Since most of the board plays at Party, this really reflects on Party players moreso than others. In my experience, there arent nearly as many bad players at UB. So some of the advice given during discussions doesnt apply as much to me. People seem to have a slightly tighter range. Do any of you play at both Party and UB and think the same thing? Would it be fair to say playing at the 11's on UB is similar to the 22's on Party? (or for the higher limit players substitue 11's and 22's for your level, and a level higher. I would assume as it gets higher, the skill level starts to converge) Any comments are appreciated.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Rumblings on UB $11\'s

shameless bump in light of the discussion in the other $11 thread right now, and still curious to see if there are any UB players out there.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:29 PM

I've never played at UB but I feel it's safe to say two things:

1) At $11 SnGs you will not find too many solid players

2) Even if they're not as bad as PP $11 players, if you're solid you have an even larger advantage than you would at PP due to the larger starting stacks
Old 12-27-2005, 06:00 PM

I have played alot of both and deffinately the UB players are much better. The cash games are horrible too. The last time I played UB 2/4 limit every pot was headsup and re-raised, it was about 5 times tougher than party 3/6.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:15 PM

Ive played quite a bit at Party, Stars and UB.

I think for the most part, of these three sites, Party's players are softest, UB's are toughest and Stars' are a little softer than UB, but pretty close.

The biggest differences to me are the starting stacks and blind structures. At UB (not the turbos or ultra turbos) the blinds rise more slowly, creating many more opportunities to play post flop.