Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-30-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: ($60) Two pair, meh

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks good to me, you will minimize your losses when you are behind, and encourage a river bluff when you are ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How can you claim both, when you don't know if you're ahead or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet the turn, I lose my whole stack when behind (unless you think I should bet 500 and fold to a checkraise). And if I've got him beat he's folding the turn anyway, but if I call a river bet then those worse hands pay me off sometimes.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks good to me, you will minimize your losses when you are behind, and encourage a river bluff when you are ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How can you claim both, when you don't know if you're ahead or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet the turn, I lose my whole stack when behind (unless you think I should bet 500 and fold to a checkraise). And if I've got him beat he's folding the turn anyway, but if I call a river bet then those worse hands pay me off sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, on the turn, bet 325 and then you have a decision to make if he pushes.

On the river, I guess I'm just not real confident that he's bluffing very often. But your read could very well be better than mine.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:12 PM

I bet 350 on this turn. I don't see him continuing with anything but the straight and you'll find out for sure depending on his action. Checking puts you in a tough spot on the river that I wouldn't want to deal with.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking. NH [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see another way.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're planning on calling that bet on the river, why not push/bet the turn? IOW, 500 is WAYY too much to call here if you're worried about the 6, so if you're not worried about the 6 why check behind the turn? If you do it to try and induce a river bluff, why not raise the river?

something seems off with your line. Unless you were thinking you wanted to induce a river bet then the quantity of it scared you?

explain yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we like to lose a lot of money or a little money when we're behind?

Do we like to earn some money or absolutely no money when we're ahead?

Please explain how betting the turn doesn't cost us money when we're ahead and cost us money when we're behind.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:39 PM

You shouldn't push this pf, anyway, in my opinion, so no way would I say it.

I think you played it pretty well. Probably very close to the line I would take myself.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:49 PM

this is a tough situation on the turn. what does he think of your hand on the flop? if i am in his shoes and i see this flop and you were the BB he can easily have a great many hands if he is the type to call with Ax here just because he doubts you. given that he is "playing pretty well" lets say he has to have at least a draw here with a pair something like 67 or maybe A5 or something along those lines. is he is playing well and he sees you out of teh BB make a significant bet he isnt calling with too many hands that arent happy to see an A or a 9. it is tough to see any hands he has that you are ahead of on the river you got probably the two worst cards you could here.

given that you checked the turn behind him you probably have to call the river now holding your nose. i probably would have made a small bet on the turn maybe 300 or so and his response will let you know what to do.

Pat
Old 11-30-2005, 09:51 PM

one way: if by betting 300 on the turn he raises big with a straight and you can fold saving 200 from what you then had to call on the river after you check.

Pat
Old 11-30-2005, 10:16 PM

I would have played it the same probably folding to river bet like 2/3 times without any reads. The way it was played we got to see our FH outs on the river for a chance to stack a 6 or induce a bet from a hand we have beat, and as it happened he fired an above avg. amount imo but a lot of the times the bet will be more like 350 so we get to showdown with the same chips lost as the turn bet option. Also if villain is sneaky at all he could c/r turn with less than a 6 forcing us to make a big mistake folding.