Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-28-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: MGM Grand - 4 hrs with Phil Gordon (OT)

[ QUOTE ]
So he just stuck his fingers on your neck then? He didn't even ask for permission?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, ala the Unabomber on the WPT show. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 11:02 PM

I've been really impressed with Phils little green book. But I envy him even more after reading a couple of the trip reports he was involved in at tiltboys.com.

The constant angling, betting on anything that moves, from roshambo to the circle game, hilarious.

I'm pretty sure no one is having more fun playing poker for a living than Phil.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been really impressed with Phils little green book. But I envy him even more after reading a couple of the trip reports he was involved in at tiltboys.com.

The constant angling, betting on anything that moves, from roshambo to the circle game, hilarious.

I'm pretty sure no one is having more fun playing poker for a living than Phil.

[/ QUOTE ]

He says he doesnt really play very much, he's just having fun. I get the feeling his TV gigs are paying quite well.

Yes I said gigS. As in plural. He mentioned about how much fun he had doing the Celebrity Poker games, but he wont be doing them anymore.

I asked him why?
He didnt seem to want to say much so he just says, "I had a disagreement with Celebrity Poker".
So I say, "what happened??"
He reluctantly answers, "well, they didnt like the idea of me doing that new CBS poker show, so I quit Celebrity Poker." [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

This new CBS show should be pretty cool. The first one will be Christmas day, I think between a football game and a basketball game. There will be 26 shows in 2006. Phil Gordon will be doing the commentary.

I think its going to be called ProJoe. There will be amateur qualifiers going up against a handful of pros. You cannot be ranked among their top 150 or 250 players in the world (I forget the exact number) to qualify. I think the buyins will be around $500. This could be a big hit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Phil says he's looking forward to doing commentary on some real poker for a change. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 11:24 PM

i agree with the comment that phil gordon looks to be having more fun than any other pro poker player. which is awesome. he's not, and may not ever be, considered among the top 5 or 10 players in the world, or anything like that, but hes having fun doing something he loves, and hes pretty good at it. so, [censored] it. good for him.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:27 PM

Nice report.

Many of the other well known pro players could learn a lot from things like this.
If they all behaved in this manner, even occasionally, they would do the game more good than they seem to be able to imagine.

Lori
Old 11-30-2005, 06:01 PM

Phil is great - Little Green Book is outstanding IMO. Has anyone seen his DVD?