Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-26-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Live tournaments suck

From your brief write up, seems like you played fishy... not surprising that you didn't last long.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From your brief write up, seems like you played fishy... not surprising that you didn't last long.

[/ QUOTE ]
how?
Old 11-26-2005, 01:19 AM

I make it 1000 and fold to a push.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I make it 1000 and fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been discussed here before, but this is very bad. If you make it 1000 and fold to a push, you are folding getting 2.4-1 pot odds. AJo is a 2.5-1 dog against QQ.

The 10xBB rule has been discussed here before. Also, my stack was only 3x antes and blinds, so I had to push.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:57 AM

i played at the taj last night too, the 175+25

the dealers there are horrible (so many times they didn't even know who the winner was and mucked the winners hand), but i think you just got a bad table.

at my table people were putting all their money in drawing dead or super aggressive with ace rag.

the only thing that sucks is the juice, i heard sands was having a tourney at the same time 20+10 ha
Old 11-26-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With blinds 150/300/50 (original stacks 5000), I pushed with 3200 in 3rd position with AJo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems that you like to overbet preflop alot. You have posted similar hands recently. (AQ push all in preflop)....Why not use the postflop game to your advange as well?
Old 11-26-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With blinds 150/300/50 (original stacks 5000), I pushed with 3200 in 3rd position with AJo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems that you like to overbet preflop alot. You have posted similar hands recently. (AQ push all in preflop)....Why not use the postflop game to your advange as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do tend to play aggressively preflop. However, in this case pushing is the only play and any strong player would agree with that. HOH2 has an example from his own play of pushing UTG for 12xBB with KQo with big ante.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I do tend to play aggressively preflop. However, in this case pushing is the only play and any strong player would agree with that. HOH2 has an example from his own play of pushing UTG for 12xBB with KQo with big ante.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the blinds are this big compared to your stack they are usually big for everyone else to. Blinds 150/300. I am steal raising alot at this point with both good hands (AJ+, 66+) and very bad hands (4J, 62 - easy to get away from) with smaller raises I can get away from. Thats why I am not pushing AJo here. I like 1000 with AJ or J6s.

Hey did we play a friday special qualifier together last night?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When the blinds are this big compared to your stack they are usually big for everyone else to. Blinds 150/300. I am steal raising alot at this point with both good hands (AJ+, 66+) and very bad hands (4J, 62 - easy to get away from) with smaller raises I can get away from. Thats why I am not pushing AJo here. I like 1000 with AJ or J6s.

Hey did we play a friday special qualifier together last night?

[/ QUOTE ]

With this size stack, I am limping or pushing. I don't think getting away from a hand is a good idea after committing 1/3 of your stack. Also, I am not steal raising with J6s from 3rd position at an 11 man table.

I push a lot. However, some people like to put in a lot of small raises. With certain stack sizes, this is a matter of style. I am better with strategy than reads.

With a big ante and 14xBB, you can push with hands like AJ and 44, and standard raise with AK, JJ-AA, as well as suited connectors and junk. Therefore, people can't just come over top of your stndard raises knowing you are stealing.

Probably played you in the Friday special single table satellite. Multitabled 4 of those and got a seat. finished 118th with 120 places paying. Had 5800, blinds 300/600, SB open raised to 1800, I pushed with A8s in BB and got called by JJ.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:36 PM

I LOVE playing live, sooooo many different dynamics and so much more exploitable [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FL finally decided to pull their collective heads out of their arses so we have our card room tournies back! So it was a 1pm start with 150 runners, $32+13 (yeah, yeah....I know!) Final 18 paid but here's the kick, the structure changed.

Used to be T700 starting at 10/15, 20 minute levels. Now it's T1500 starting at 25/50, same 20 minutes. Damn near crap shoot before the shut down, now a SOLID crap shoot after the re-start.

1st hand, I'm in the SB, 2 limpers then a raise to 150 and I finally peek at my cards, 2 black Kings, JOY! I pop it to T600 and the 2nd limper as well as the raiser, cold-call. Flop is A44, rainbow. 1st limper checks, raiser poooshes and I go into the tank. I finally muck, limper calls and tables A8s to 55....NICE!

Nothing playable during the rest of the orbit and into 50/100. Blinds are getting ready to go up on my BB so with 2 folds I pooosh T700 with K6s and get one caller tabling A5s. Flop is K86, Turn is another 8 and the river fills my Boat! Back in the game.

As predicted, blinds go up to 200/400 on my BB. 1 early limper, then a raise to T1200 (string bet, leaving T500 behind) and it's folded to me. I see AA and wanting the 1st limper to come along, think a bit before pushing. He folds, I get called, of course and we're off.

AA v 99, Flop is clean but the Turn is DIRTY, making his Set and I'm walking back to make my 1st post!

Man I LOVE live poker!!! GL out there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]