Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 09:37 PM

Default I want to kill myself, everyone in the hand, and Freddie Prinze Jr.

Prinze is just for good measure.

No fu*king reads on these c0cks^&ers.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (15.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.20 BB

I'm concerned about flop and river play, the river especially. Is bet/call correct? I didn't mind overcalling BB because it's pretty obvious he has AQ. But still...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: I want to kill myself, everyone in the hand, and Freddie Prinze Jr.

BB calls two cold on the Flop and CR the Turn. He also called two cold PF. JJ has to be in his possible holdings here. More likely than AQ which should hit the muck when it comes 3-bet to the BB. Reads would help.

MP1 3-bet an UTG+1 raiser... Maybe I am weak-tight but ack! I don't do that with AQo w/o a great read on a total loose raiser. I call w/ AQs but I understand that many my raise. He could have AA-99, AK. He raises the flop like you do w/ AA or QQ but doesn't cap. Probably no KK or QQ and 99 should have hit the muck. On the turn he becomes a calling station. JJ or AQ wouldn't do that (but QQ/AA does.) They are both monsters and he doesn't think you have KK 'cause you didn't cap PF.

All this to say that I don't think you are up against just AQ.

However, you gotta call the turn raise for one coming back to you to see if you fill up. Then call the final bet on the river to close the action. Against good players, I expect to see JJ here but to be honest, I can't tell which. Why does MP1 turn into a raiser on the river after calling down the Turn? Cause the board paired. He's got the JJ.

Can't wait to find out...

psw

ps. You have to call the river because they played it like a bunch of crazies and you will be good at least (reaches into hat for number) 7.2% of the time.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:17 AM

Looks like mp1 has a better fullhouse by the way it's played and BB has AQ. I guess you would have to just call. 3- betting seems dangerous.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: I want to kill myself, everyone in the hand, and Freddie Prinze Jr

I think I have to agree with "bet, call, HATE" as the best line.

If MP1 has KK or JJ, I kinda hate his flop play.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:43 AM

I was confused when I first looked at this hand, because MP1 slowed down sooner than I would have with KK or JJ. But I guess MP1 probably does in fact have a bigger boat than you on the river and was worried you had AQ once you 3-bet the flop and led the turn.

I would have called on the river, though, hoping he was being weird with AQ or something.

So I would have played the hand the exact same way you did.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:02 AM

I'd say its a possibility you are up against AA here and he raised when the board counterfeited someone elses two pair. Otherwise he played kk or jj real soft.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:12 AM

The fact that he would very well have AA here is a good reason to call, but not a reason to do anything more.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:33 AM

I like it. I don't really see anything even debatable here...you can't bet/fold the river and you certainly can't bet/3-bet the river, so yeah. NH.

Will
Old 11-16-2005, 02:41 AM

i think vilain has AA or something stupid often enough to call, 3- betting is probably not a good idea, i like it