Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 03:08 AM

Default KK hand totally misplayed.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

CO is 34/13/1.75 after 200 hands. My plan for the hand was to use his agression against him to extract more $$.

Flop: (5.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Wanted to CR him on the Turn. Probably should have 3-bet?

Turn: (4.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Lucky for me he doesn't go for the FC.

River: (8.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Should I be raising this river? I was just too tired to work it out. I called because I knew that I wouldn't be able to fold to the cap.

psw
Old 11-15-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: KK hand totally misplayed.

I think you played it fine. I like every street. I only 3-bet the river if the guy is a maniac in which case I play the entire hand differently.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:17 PM

I thought I would get some replies from the daytime crowd.

psw
Old 11-15-2005, 04:25 PM

At first, I was going to say you played it perfectly.

But Villian raised the flop. He's much more likely to have a T than 33 or 44 (the turn all but ensures he doesn't have 44). Your smooth call of his raise led him to believe you had overcards, so he bet and slowed down on the turn. He woke up on the river to make his lesser two pair, not realizing (or forgetting) that an overpair in your hand beats him.

What the heck ... I say reraise the river.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:29 PM

His most likely hand here IMO is QT. The only hand that the river "helped" was QQ and I'm willing to take my chances that he doesn't have it. Good for him if he does. He might be slowrolling you with a full house or A4, but that is just poker. Smart money has him on a lesser 2-pair that he doesn't realize is counterfitted by the board pair.

Brad
Old 11-15-2005, 04:33 PM

Any thoughts on my flop/turn plan and execution?

psw
Old 11-15-2005, 04:39 PM

I do it from time to time, but usually not on these kinds of boards. The best board to check/raise the turn on is something like K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] when you have AK or AA. He almost surely has a king and very few scare cards can come that will convince him to check.

The problem on your flop is that he might be on a draw and check behind (though I'm not very worried about this). The bigger concern is that the turn might be an overcard to the ten and he could very well check or fold to the check/raise. So for that reason, I would tend to play KK fast on a T-high flop.

Brad
Old 11-15-2005, 04:48 PM

I bet the turn, In case his raise of the flop was a free card play.

I raise the river and hope he has AT
Old 11-15-2005, 04:50 PM

I'm hoping villain has queen ten. But it looks fine. I am only not 3 betting the flop if I am confident a bet/3bet turn will work.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:53 PM

I would probably bet the turn hoping to 3-bet it. If not, I'd 3-bet that river. Only QQ has pulled ahead here, and if he was on some weird slowplay congratulations to him.