Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 06:45 PM

Default AQs HU against the BB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB just sat down and hasn't played many hands.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Good agressive play HU or chip spewing? Either way, it was the last money going in UI.

psw
Old 11-12-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: AQs HU against the BB

I like that line rather than the line of checking the turn and check/folding the river because it gives us two ways to win.. on the turn and on the river getting to see a free showdowm(probably)
Old 11-13-2005, 12:43 PM

Bump. Just wanted to get another group of viewers...

psw
Old 11-13-2005, 01:13 PM

Hard to reply without any read on bb. Small pot so not sure what your reraise on flop does except build a pot that you dont have any reason to raise. Unless you think this guy will fold to a turn raise. My guess is your just tying the guy to the pot. either way im taking my free card on turn.If however i read you right and this guy is down to his last money on turn then i figure mabey he is on a desperate bluff and i put him all in. Im still troubled alot by your reraise on flop. Did you want a free card becuase i dont think this is a good place to try it. What was your thinking here i am interested to see if im missing something.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:49 AM

My thinking was that

1)the BB had either totally missed the flop and was betting out just because there was a good chance the flop missed me and I was still good

or 2) he had medium pockets or T9s or T paint and I was hoping to get him to fold a better hand.

psw
Old 11-14-2005, 05:11 PM

I'll alternate between this line and taking a free shwodown on River, and checking behind on Turn and calling UI on River.

I think betting the Turn is best against any player who'll lay down a small pair against a show of strength, but most players won't fold a ten here.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:15 PM

This hand is so read-dependent it's not even funny.

This hand does, though, fall into my general theory of when it's better to follow through on the turn with a bet than to check behind and take a free card and call the river. The idea is that if you bet the turn and showdown the river, you get to put your money in when you have higher equity, and so your bet ends up having more value on the turn than making a crying river call. So, if you think you are ahead enough/have enough average equity to continue in this hand with a flop raise, I think you should bet the turn usually.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:16 PM

Its true villain will sometimes bet out with air here, but more often I think it'll be a pocket pair or a 2, 3, or T. Board is pretty raggedy. To know for sure though you have to have reads or stats on villain. Thats why people spend $$ on databases or datamine themselves.

I don't think theres anything wrong with your line as you establish yourself as an aggr. stealer.