Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: I understand now!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Let me just put it this way: I fly multiengine aircraft in instrument conditions, and there are times when my server job is more difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm sure this has nothing to do with your excellent people skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually (if you've ever done the job), the challenge doesn't come from dealing with people, it comes from being able to memorize a large amount of information, prioritize your tasks, and do a large amount of multitasking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, none of which are applicable while flying an airplane.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can answer that I paid all taxes on every single dollar of income. And that's the only question that you won't answer. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Be careful, they are getting more aggressive about going after tax cheats like yourself #59.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think what you want, dude. I really didn't give you enough information to prove or disprove your assumption. And that's how it's going to stay.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, none of which are applicable while flying an airplane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Of course they're applicable. Are you a pilot too?

I compared two jobs that require a lot of the same basic skills. What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can answer that I paid all taxes on every single dollar of income. And that's the only question that you won't answer. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Be careful, they are getting more aggressive about going after tax cheats like yourself #59.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think what you want, dude. I really didn't give you enough information to prove or disprove your assumption. And that's how it's going to stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are just being a huge dickhead. it's not about how much you made. you either paid taxes on all your income or you didn't. you won't answer, and you claim it's because of a privacy issue, when really you are just pleading the 5th amendment, and everyone knows you're guilty bitchhhhh
Old 10-16-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

My only problem with tipping is that it's based on percentage, not amount served/work done. Why should you have to tip more because the prices were higher? It doesn't take any more work for the server if the bill is $300 instead of $30.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My only problem with tipping is that it's based on percentage, not amount served/work done. Why should you have to tip more because the prices were higher? It doesn't take any more work for the server if the bill is $300 instead of $30.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it does! Not always. We can be talking about a 30 dollar bottle of wine and a 300 dollar bottle of win. But usually a higher bill means that the server did more work.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you basically shared too much information when you said you make 18%-20% in tips. If you don't claim (IRS) 18%-20%, then you are cheating on your taxes. This has nothing to do with how much money you make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said I don't declare 18-20%? I sure didn't.

It is none of your business what I declare as tips at the end of the night.

There, now drop it. This was not the original intent of this thread to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just asking whether or not you paid taxes on all your tips. I have been a partner in a bar and know hundreds of servers/bartenders. Not a single one of them has ever paid taxes on all their income. In fact, I have never even heard of anyone even considering doing that.

I assume you are the same. So, you are cheating all of the rest of us citizens who pay all our taxes. That's relevant in this thread, since you're bitching about getting stiffed.

If you are indeed the one server who pays taxes on all his tips, please let me know and I will apologize for my insinuation.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are just being a huge dickhead. it's not about how much you made. you either paid taxes on all your income or you didn't. you won't answer, and you claim it's because of a privacy issue, when really you are just pleading the 5th amendment, and everyone knows you're guilty bitchhhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not being a dickhead; he's stuck 4 racks and is doubling the stakes in an attempt to get even.

I mean, he doesn't mind telling everyone his hourly is $2.13 and he earns a paycheck of less than $300 a month, or that he makes 18%-20% in tips; however, once asked if he claims the 20%, well... that's too personal.

This stuff is great.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it does! Not always. We can be talking about a 30 dollar bottle of wine and a 300 dollar bottle of win. But usually a higher bill means that the server did more work.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only true if you are comparing bills at the same restaurant.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:00 PM

Is it standard in all states that serving positions get paid below min. wage since they get tips??? Never heard of this before and it sounds horrible.