Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: I understand now!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you didn't cheat, it's pretty simple to say "I claim the same 18-20% toke rate that I earn. Since you didn't, it's fairly obvious that you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I said it's not any of your business. That's pretty different, yeah?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, because no one would get as defensive as you were if they were being honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not being defensive at all. It's simply none of your business. Are you going to tell me right now what you made last year at your job? How much was your tax return?

The funny thing about this post is that you'll probably actually answer these questions (or simply make up numbers) just to save face. Now, go ask a random guy on the street those same two questions, and he'll tell you to go [censored] yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you basically shared too much information when you said you make 18%-20% in tips. If you don't claim (IRS) 18%-20%, then you are cheating on your taxes. This has nothing to do with how much money you make.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you basically shared too much information when you said you make 18%-20% in tips. If you don't claim (IRS) 18%-20%, then you are cheating on your taxes. This has nothing to do with how much money you make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said I don't declare 18-20%? I sure didn't.

It is none of your business what I declare as tips at the end of the night.

There, now drop it. This was not the original intent of this thread to begin with.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and do you know what happens when someone comes in and doesn't tip, even though the service was good? Our general manager comes out and bans them from the restaurant.

I would want to be banned from a restaurant that would ban me for not tipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. And I would make sure that every customer in the restaurant would hear that I was being banned for not tipping.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it isn't, but that doesn't mean you can't just tell us. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. And I would make sure that every customer in the restaurant would hear that I was being banned for not tipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather let everyone customer is the restaurant know how shitty their service is instead of making myself look like a loud mouthed dick.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There, now drop it. This was not the original intent of this thread to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I will drop it (my first post about that part), but what was the original intent of this thread?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:08 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Let me just put it this way: I fly multiengine aircraft in instrument conditions, and there are times when my server job is more difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm sure this has nothing to do with your excellent people skills.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I will drop it (my first post about that part), but what was the original intent of this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly sure anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, I just wanted to vent right after I got off from work, but then this thread turned into a huge charlie fox.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me just put it this way: I fly multiengine aircraft in instrument conditions, and there are times when my server job is more difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm sure this has nothing to do with your excellent people skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually (if you've ever done the job), the challenge doesn't come from dealing with people, it comes from being able to memorize a large amount of information, prioritize your tasks, and do a large amount of multitasking.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you didn't cheat, it's pretty simple to say "I claim the same 18-20% toke rate that I earn. Since you didn't, it's fairly obvious that you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I said it's not any of your business. That's pretty different, yeah?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, because no one would get as defensive as you were if they were being honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not being defensive at all. It's simply none of your business. Are you going to tell me right now what you made last year at your job? How much was your tax return?

The funny thing about this post is that you'll probably actually answer these questions (or simply make up numbers) just to save face. Now, go ask a random guy on the street those same two questions, and he'll tell you to go [censored] yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can answer that I paid all taxes on every single dollar of income. And that's the only question that you won't answer. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Be careful, they are getting more aggressive about going after tax cheats like yourself #59.