Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-16-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: I understand now!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you didn't cheat, it's pretty simple to say "I claim the same 18-20% toke rate that I earn. Since you didn't, it's fairly obvious that you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I said it's not any of your business. That's pretty different, yeah?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, because no one would get as defensive as you were if they were being honest.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] i nominate DasLesbian for OOT survivor

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that daryn. I kind of like threads where one person is completely wrong but feels he needs to defend himself against everybody instead of just admitting he is wrong. (like the barron thread)

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you win. You're right, I'm wrong. I shouldn't go into work expecting tips at all. I should just live with the $2.13/hr that the restaurant gives me (because they're evil, not because I'm considered a tipped employee by the government), and try to make ends meet with $300/month (in reality much less than that, considering I'd have to pay money to go to work if I wasn't tipped).

Does that sound smart to you? If it does, then you should just stick with poker and never get into the working world.

Use your [censored] head.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh. i didn't want it to come to this but oh well

HAHAHHAHAHA YOU MAKE 2 DOLLARS AN HOUR AND GOT STIFFED, I MAKE $500 AN HOUR PLAYING POKER ONLINE LOLOLOLOLOOL
Old 10-16-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Okay, you win. You're right, I'm wrong. I shouldn't go into work expecting tips at all. I should just live with the $2.13/hr that the restaurant gives me (because they're evil, not because I'm considered a tipped employee by the government), and try to make ends meet with $300/month (in reality much less than that, considering I'd have to pay money to go to work if I wasn't tipped).

Does that sound smart to you? If it does, then you should just stick with poker and never get into the working world.

Use your [censored] head.

[/ QUOTE ]

You use your [censored] head. Jesus christ. Quit quoting the "2.13/hr" number. You know you are going to get tips over time. Don't [censored] bitch about the one time you got [censored] stiffed. Expect that for all the other tips you receive that you get stiffed sometimes. Do you think businesses don't get checks that bounce or uncollectable accounts. They do, but they don't go and post about it on a message board. They actually take it into account that for all their sales they will have 2% or 3% that is uncollectable and adjust. Don't tell me how hard your [censored] job is either. You wait tables. I paved driveways for 3 years and you know how many times I got a tip, once for $20 split 6 ways.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:25 PM

wow, i paved driveways too. nice! now that's hard work
Old 10-16-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You use your [censored] head. Jesus christ. Quit quoting the "2.13/hr" number. You know you are going to get tips over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite true, but I'm simply explaining to people that tips are almost all of my income.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't [censored] bitch about the one time you got [censored] stiffed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen a lot worse threads in this forum. Also, I've already said that I'm over it. Now I'm simply defending myself against the hoards.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't tell me how hard your [censored] job is either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't. But, read below for a little clarification.

[ QUOTE ]
You wait tables. I paved driveways for 3 years and you know how many times I got a tip, once for $20 split 6 ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apples and oranges. I've had a shitty manual labor job before, and I can't at all compare it to my server job. The stresses are just completely different.

With my manual labor job, I'd be working my ass off physically for hours on end in the hot sun. At my server job, I stay indoors and talk to people. Sure, I carry food, but it's not heavy. However, the stresses are completely different. A manual labor job works your muscles hard. A server job works your brain hard. If you laugh at that, go get a server job for a week and see what I mean. We've had people walk off the job during a big dinner rush.

Let me just put it this way: I fly multiengine aircraft in instrument conditions, and there are times when my server job is more difficult.

Also, in regards to your "$20 split 6 ways": Were you considered a tipped employee by the government, or...?
Old 10-16-2005, 05:42 PM

I worked serving/bartending in the summer. The one thing I learned is some people don't tip and some people suck and are just bad people and you need to ignore them. Of course you get the 20% tippers who come in every day, who are the nicest people you'll ever meet and who always understand if you mess something up and they make up for the people that complain because there water doesn't have exactly 25 ice cubes in it like they asked for and the people who don't tip well because there ignorant or just cheap.

Anyone who said it is fine not to tip if the service is bad is compleatly wrong. 10% is the absolute minimum you should ever tip. Part of going to eat somewhere is paying for the service, not only the food. Therefore if you got no service it would be ok to tip nothing but for any type of service 10% should be minimum.

On another note quit your job and play poker, it's way more profitable.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

Don't a lot of places like the one where you work (7 stakes for 100$) include the tip in the bill for large parties? How come your place doesn't, and why don't you see if you can change it? Sounds like a guaranteed 15% for you might be better than getting 20% most often but having the occasional assclowns that give you nothing.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:10 PM

I love a good tipping thread.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't a lot of places like the one where you work (7 stakes for 100$) include the tip in the bill for large parties? How come your place doesn't, and why don't you see if you can change it? Sounds like a guaranteed 15% for you might be better than getting 20% most often but having the occasional assclowns that give you nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately it's only parties 8 or more where I work. I really wish they'd change it to 6 (or 7 for that matter), but I guess that's just Applebee's policy. Not much my managers can do either.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you didn't cheat, it's pretty simple to say "I claim the same 18-20% toke rate that I earn. Since you didn't, it's fairly obvious that you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I said it's not any of your business. That's pretty different, yeah?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, because no one would get as defensive as you were if they were being honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not being defensive at all. It's simply none of your business. Are you going to tell me right now what you made last year at your job? How much was your tax return?

The funny thing about this post is that you'll probably actually answer these questions (or simply make up numbers) just to save face. Now, go ask a random guy on the street those same two questions, and he'll tell you to go [censored] yourself.