Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-16-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: I understand now!

[ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, well I guess this thread has degraded to this now. Yeah whatever.

I'm done.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the point is, there's little to no doubt that you cheat on your taxes by underreporting your tips. and then you are coming here complaining that you got stiffed one time by a bunch of cowboys.

hmmm....

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheat on my taxes? That's a pretty damn serious accusation, is it not? Come up with some proof as to how/why/when I'd do such a thing, and then we can discuss why you're an idiot for running your mouth.

[ QUOTE ]
das, just stop posting. we have heard what you have to say and we will continue to BEAT YOU DOWN

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny. You guys have people on the internet on your side. I have people I know personally (read: "in real life") that have been in the service industry for years literally laughing their asses off at your replies.

Say what you want, you're not "BEATING ME DOWN," as I've got real-life people backing me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real-life people are a 2-1 favorite over internet people and it's not even close.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

If people are allowed to be paid significantly less than minimum wage and HAVE TO declare tips they don't even get for tax purposes, i would say there is respnisiblity to tip unless service is very bad for some reason. I used to work in a resteraunt, and now that i can afford to, i tip servers very well. Whether or not you do or what your standards are is your busniess. But encouraging people to have the mindset that tipping is optional when you know for a fact that the prices on food are lower BASED ON THE PREMISE that you are going to tip your server is crap. Do what you want, but dont enoucrage this kind of behavior.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That's really not anyone's business. Hourly rate is one thing, but my tax information is private.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheat on my taxes? That's a pretty damn serious accusation, is it not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you didn't cheat, it's pretty simple to say "I claim the same 18-20% toke rate that I earn. Since you didn't, it's fairly obvious that you do.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you didn't cheat, it's pretty simple to say "I claim the same 18-20% toke rate that I earn. Since you didn't, it's fairly obvious that you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I said it's not any of your business. That's pretty different, yeah?
Old 10-16-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I said it's not any of your business. That's pretty different, yeah?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, you cheat on your taxes. you know it. why not just say, yes i report all of my income? because you don't.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:47 PM

[censored] i nominate DasLesbian for OOT survivor
Old 10-16-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that daryn. I kind of like threads where one person is completely wrong but feels he needs to defend himself against everybody instead of just admitting he is wrong. (like the barron thread)
Old 10-16-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that daryn. I kind of like threads where one person is completely wrong but feels he needs to defend himself against everybody instead of just admitting he is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn is right.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that daryn. I kind of like threads where one person is completely wrong but feels he needs to defend himself against everybody instead of just admitting he is wrong. (like the barron thread)

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you win. You're right, I'm wrong. I shouldn't go into work expecting tips at all. I should just live with the $2.13/hr that the restaurant gives me (because they're evil, not because I'm considered a tipped employee by the government), and try to make ends meet with $300/month (in reality much less than that, considering I'd have to pay money to go to work if I wasn't tipped).

Does that sound smart to you? If it does, then you should just stick with poker and never get into the working world.

Use your [censored] head.