Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 07-06-2005, 12:51 AM

Default DN Matches

Haven't been following Negreanu's matches lately. Anyone know the score or where I can easily find it? How many has he won/lost? How much is he up/down?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: DN Matches

I think he's 2-2 with Barry. He lost one to Cassidy. I think he played Evelyn Ng and won. If I were you, I would visit Daniels website at www.fullcontactpoker.com to keep up to date with this topic.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:31 AM

lost to david oppenheim for $250k
won against mimi tran for $500k
lost to joe cassidy for $200k
lost to barry greenstein for $500k
lost to barry greenstein again for $500k
won against barry greenstein for $500k
currently has another match in progress with BG
anything beyond that, i have no clue.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:52 AM

sorry. he never played evelyn ng.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:54 AM

if he beats barry in the current match his net for all the matches will be 50k I believe.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:00 AM

actually, even if he beats barry in the current match, he'll be up less than 50k if you include that 15k side bet that barry will own daniel in 2/3 of the first matches. believe it or not, this bet was offered at even money (!)

However, I'm sure his agent is looking at this kind of chest thumping self promotion as ways to sell STACKED, get more endorsements, and then finally unleash a book when the DN fervor is at a crescendo.

OTOH, I don't think Daniel is doing these matches for monetary considerations. I think he's just a wildly irresponsible gambler and an egomaniac.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:22 AM

OTOH, I don't think Daniel is doing these matches for monetary considerations. I think he's just a wildly irresponsible gambler and an egomaniac.

You are correct sir...but id venture to guess Wynn is gonna be more than willing to reimburse any losses...that is if it wasnt wynn's money to begin with. Advertising costs..
Old 07-06-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You are correct sir...but id venture to guess Wynn is gonna be more than willing to reimburse any losses...that is if it wasnt wynn's money to begin with. Advertising costs..

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we'll be correcting the misinformed for as long as these matches continue.

Negreanu has stated in no uncertain terms that he is putting up all the money for these matches (unless he sells part of himself to friends).

In addition, I believe it was Sklansky who mentioned it would be a violation of Nevada gaming laws for Wynn to provide any backing to Negreanu for this.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:30 AM

I suppose by misinformed you mean those people who have a life outside sweating the minutia of day 2 day poker current events. Sometimes postin on 2+2 can be so dard depressing.

Plus how naive are you if you believe those gaming rules cannot be circumvented in about a million different ways.

Since we are still talking about it I guess Wynn is a genious afterall...
Old 07-06-2005, 05:33 AM

Plus how naive are you if you believe those gaming rules cannot be circumvented in about a million different ways.

i think you are dead wrong in asserting that there would be any violations.

DN could be doing it looking toward impressing the new boss, banking the publicity will payoff soon in merchandising/publishing etc. i also believe as well that there may be a tad of degeneracy in there.

no need to circumvent laws, and if you think this way then you probably think online poker is rigged, and you cheat on your taxes. am i right?