Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Statking?

Does Anyone use Statking? Is it worth getting?
Old 10-11-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Statking?

[ QUOTE ]
Does Anyone use Statking? Is it worth getting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I wish Conjelco would release an update soon... quite a few bugs in it, and built in Poker Tracker import would be nice.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 12:09 PM

I really like Statking. It keeps you honest about your game.

Maybe this is wrong but I like keeping my live poker and Internet poker seperate.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:29 AM

It is well worth it if you play live. Like Steamboat said it keeps you honest about your game. Plus I keep my live and online stats separate, hence statking for live and PT for online.

I wish I had used it sooner than when I first started to use it. Reason being because during my down swings it felt like I was down overall even though I knew I was up. I did not have any stats to look at to help reinforce the fact that I was up overall even when I was in a downswing.

Having Statking and keeping track of my winnings, if I hit a down swing I can still look at statking and see that I am up overall. Helps with the psychological battles.

Also has graphs, which are nice. I guess you could always use a notepad and pencil to keep track of winnings and hours but that can end up being a pain. Statking makes it much more easier to keep track of everything.

Just download it, it comes with a trial period of 50 sessions. And then if you want to use it over 50 sessions you'll have to pay the 30 bucks to get it registered.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:04 AM

I use it for all my sessions, live and internet. I mix my sessions, but it's simple to filter on locations to view only live or only internet stats. I've tried keeping separate databases, but it's easier to get an overview of my results if I mix them all up and also I can filter on whatever I want to see in isolation.

Regards,

T
Old 10-12-2005, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Having Statking and keeping track of my winnings, if I hit a down swing I can still look at statking and see that I am up overall. Helps with the psychological battles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, you can always click on the professor and ask him if you're a winning player, and then get that reassuring "There's a 99.59% chance that you're a winning player" from Sklansky or Malmuth.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:25 AM

The Talking head is never that kind to me. He bitches about my sample size and has been known to suggest a job in the fast food industry.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Talking head is never that kind to me. He bitches about my sample size and has been known to suggest a job in the fast food industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you considered their suggestions?
Its good to be a 99%'er [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 03:23 PM

I use it and am happy with it-- for the most part. I agree with previous posts that the program should be updated by our friends at Conjelco. Am I wrong in wanting a better way to look at tournament wins/losses? I don't usually look at tournament success or failure according to my $/per hours played only. I'd love the ability to download Poker Tracker stats but there should at least be a way to enter more statistical info regarding tournament performance. It's fantastic for cash games but those photos.....

the eyes; those glaring, piercing eyes. Always following you...always staring (occassionally blinking)...accusing...why did you call that last bet Joker?....Mason and I are very disappointed in you....GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:55 PM

I sell houses and do a little foreclosure work for banks, i don't think a career in the fast food industry is in my immediate future but you never know.