Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Any Albuquerque folks playing this Labor Day wknd?

Glad to see some things never change. Looking forward to the trip. See you this weekend.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:49 PM

Lil' bump before the trip tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:43 PM

How were the tournaments and how were the side games out of curiousity?
Old 09-07-2005, 02:47 AM

going to update all of this on my blog if you're interested... Felix the Cat's Blog

Never got a "Sup bro" all wknd...but me thinks I played with one or two 2+2's...care to reveal yourselves?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:55 AM

In a nutshell, didn't play any of the tournaments, though they seemed to go by quickly.

The 10/20 was quite soft though I couldn't capitalize on it. The 10/20 at Sandia can be one of the softest games around. If you haven't been in a while, I'd suggest checking it out.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:31 AM

I think I might have seen you on Monday. I did not play Sat or Sun. I was on the must move and it was getting late. I decided I would leave once they called me for the main table.

You were in the 3 seat wearing a (I think) green shirt?
Old 09-09-2005, 03:08 PM

That was me. Hope you saw me earlier in the day [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I'll be making another trip in the next 3-4 weeks, so maybe I'll get a sup bro then. See you then.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:11 PM

I read your blog about the maniacs. The obvious thing about maniacs is that your variance is higher. I've seen stuff like you described happen many times. A player getting alot of action can make a lot of money over a short period of time but skill wins out in the end. The absoulute best night I've ever seen at the $10-20 game was from one of the biggest liveone's in the game both literally and figuratively. He's easy to read and plays very loose but I doubt if he's still in action as I played with him in the $10-20 game a few years ago and all he did was complain how much he lost. On the night he won so much you just couldn't believe how many racks he had stacked. He had so many he had to get one of those portable tables they have there to stack alot of them since he didn't have room in front of him. It was truly awesome. I've seen other guys play crazy and win alot but invetibably they lose and I didn't see them again. I've had some incredible streaks as well (but that's because of my skill when I'm running good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) as we all have hot and cold streaks short term. The pots get big in that game sometime and I agree it's pretty soft most of the time. Pretty easy to get in the ditch for $500 or more.

I guess the tournaments didn't appeal to you either. Just wondering what they were like such as length of betting rounds and such. Just out of curiosity could you post a few hands from the games that were memorable on your blog or here?
Old 09-09-2005, 06:38 PM

I SO hear you regarding the variance in that game. But you are right...I KNOW that I can win money there, I just don't have the time to be able to take the swings in stride. If I lived in town and was able to come back the next day or whatnot, it would so much more profitable. But, alas, it is not to be...yet.

The very encouraging thing that I did see there was a few players who were in my game, whos game I respect, were in a similar boat as me. The 2 maniacs at the table had some swings, but the deck was just smacking them something awful. Not much you can do in those instances other than try to wade it out or quit and come back another time. That leads me to the previously mentioned problem of not being able to return often. So goes life.

As far as the tourneys go, they seemed better than the normal $35+$5's as the structure was better. T2000 instead of T1500 and 30 min levels. And plenty of horrendous play, esp in the NL tourney on Monday. Capped at @200 players, so that ment only 5% get paid. Not a big fan of that, but again, I did not play in them.

As far as posting a few hands, I will do this, probably on my blog, when I get home late tonight from work. I'd love some feedback on them.

Talk soon.