Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Some important hands from today

Hello,

I didn't have much success today in the 7 tournaments I played, so I thought I'd post some of the key (mostly bustout or crippling) hands from the day and hope to generate some discussion or for everyone to say "standard" if I played well. Sorry for the long winded post, but I didn't want to start 6 threads.

Hand 1: Stars $500k

300/600 level. I am the SB w/ AKo. EMP (7k) opens to 2400 and I (10k) shove after it folded to me knowing he's not folding. Standard? Not standard?

Hand 2: Paradise 100k

50/100 level. I have 900 and 88 UTG and shove. Standard?

Hand 3: Party $30k

300/600 level. About 15 players from the money. I have 12k which is above avg. EMP (T100 less than me) opens to 2400, I find AKo in the BB and shove after it's folded to me. I didn't have much of a read here, which sucks, but I was playing 3 other tables and watching NFL Primetime. Just shove it in?

Hand 4: UB $150k

75/150 level. UTG+1 opens to 525 and is called by loose big stack next up. I have 1600 and shove 99 on the button. UTG+1 seemed fairly normal, maybe a bit loose. Does this suck?

Hands 5&6: Stars big $109 Rebuy

Hand 5 is at 200/400 and I'm the button w/ AJo, I (12k) open to 1225 and JohnnyBax shoves in the SB for 8500 total. Normally this is a fold for me. However, JB has already reraised me once and I folded and he's reraised me and played with me numerous times in the recent past and knows that I can and will fold many hands that I raise here. Does this make anyone think a call is good here?

Hand 6 is at the 400/800 level and I have 20k in the CO w/ AJs. I open to 2200 and a very loose and crazy player makes it 10k in the SB. This guy has made a few reraises vs. people at the table and just generally seems to be too loose and agg. i.e. called a 9.5BB UTG push from the BB for about 20% of his stack w/ K7o the hand before this one. Anyone sticking it in here vs. this guy?

If you took the time to read all these hands, I appreciate it and would also appreciate input on any or all of them. Thank you.

Ian
Old 10-24-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Some important hands from today

Everything up to 5 is very much standard.

The 100 rebuy--

Against Bax I'd be more inclined to call with the AJ. I have played a decent amount with him too, and he sure likes his blinds / his left side to be all his. I think it depends on how he has been playing lately at the table and how you have been playing, but considering his range of hands I probably call.

Hand 6, Given your read... I'd puke on my monitor and be very inclined to push... although I'd need a very strong read to do so I think.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Some important hands from today

bump