Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: NL
Trevor Hoffman (SD) 3 11.54%
Brett Myers (PHI) 7 26.92%
Roy Oswalt (HOU) 8 30.77%
Billy Wagner (PHI) 2 7.69%
Brandon Webb (ARZ) 3 11.54%
other (specify) 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2005, 11:04 AM

Default MHLHE mod??

are we the only forum w/o a mod?

probably...but w/ all the crappy posts lately (mine included) we could use one right?

or is it not good to have this forum legislated subjectively as well? I could do w/o the MNpoker type posts (have them simply moved to correct forums would be nice) (and sorry to pick on MNpoker in particular but questions about EV and Variance clearly dont belong ehre).

I think we could use1 mod. maybe 2 if 1 doesn't want to do the work.

maybe James if he'd do it (haven't asked him just throwing it out there)

is being a mod a lot of work? if so then forget this idea b/c our time is too valuable.

just a thought...meant to help clean up this forum a bit and stop or move inane posts...like this one

Barron
Old 10-21-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: MHLHE mod??

Yes, and I was even thinking about volunteering to do it.

Moderating this forum would probably be the least work of any of them, it just needs the occasional post moved to the proper forum.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:55 PM

Not a bad idea. My posts have sucked lately. As long as I can still take ocassional jabs at certain posters, I have no problem with a moderator.

TSP
Old 10-21-2005, 02:00 PM

I vote NO MOD! Mid-High is old school, keep it that way. If anyone is the mod it should be of the Clarkmeister, AndyFox, Tommy Angelo, JA Sucker, J_V, skp mold. Those guys are old school, those guys have been here for years and know what this place is all about. Personally I think even having one of them as a mod would be bad too. If u bring in one of the hotshot online players it would be a complete disaster. Let Mid-High evolve by itself like it has succesfully for years.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:17 PM

I agree, this forum is almost perfect the way it is. The only things a mod would be needed for is to do things like:

Move the 5/10 UB post to SS.
Delete the DC home game post that was spammed to 8 forums.
Move the gambit2323 post where the guy is claiming to play 50/100 just to get an answer to a basic odds/outs question.

Pretty much nothing else that I can see right now unless a lot of people complained about it.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:25 PM

Well the worst thing about Mod forums IMO is the stickies at the top page...if we can do it with no stickies I guess a passive mod couldnt hurt that much. It just scares me to give anyone on this forum power over another
Old 10-21-2005, 02:26 PM

I think a mod would be good, but he should be very hands-off. It sounds like that's what others think too. He should only use mod powers in cases where everyone who frequents this forum would agree they are clearly needed like moving posts that obviously don't belong here to the right forum (e.g., when someone posts an NL hand or something that definitely belongs on small stakes) and deleting blantant spam (and banning the spammer).
Old 10-21-2005, 02:27 PM

I agree, I think a totally stand-offish, almost invisible moderator or two would be a good thing.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote NO MOD! Mid-High is old school, keep it that way. If anyone is the mod it should be of the Clarkmeister, AndyFox, Tommy Angelo, JA Sucker, J_V, skp mold. Those guys are old school, those guys have been here for years and know what this place is all about. Personally I think even having one of them as a mod would be bad too. If u bring in one of the hotshot online players it would be a complete disaster. Let Mid-High evolve by itself like it has succesfully for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I change my vote? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the worst thing about Mod forums IMO is the stickies at the top page...if we can do it with no stickies I guess a passive mod couldnt hurt that much. It just scares me to give anyone on this forum power over another

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think any of the regulars' posts would be altered or moved in any way. i didn't nominate the old school crowd b/c its a burden, albeit a slight one. why should they have to do the brunt work? let james do it if he wants. its literally a 5min/day job and i think somebody like him can swing it.

just move stupid/bad/useless crap to where it belongs. thats it. no stickies needed...its like a housekeeper coming to clean up a barely used apartment: all she has to do is dust and mop/sweep and vacuum...in and out, 20 minutes...

Barron